Fun Worlds of DC

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
DC Universe Unveils Its Series Schedule

dc-universe-unveils-its-series-schedule-696x464.jpg

https://imgur.com/SfZEqoa

The other day, Warner Bros. Television hosted a panel at New York Comic Con for its new DC Universe streaming service, showing off the world premiere of “Titans” along with announcing that show’s renewal and confirming Matt Bomer’s casting in “Doom Patrol”.

Today, some photos from the panel have been released including a shot showcasing the proposed release schedule of the new streaming service’s various greenlit shows. As previously indicated, the live-action series will be released consecutively with each new show premiering in the same Friday night timeslot once a previous show wraps. The schedule is as follows:

Oct-Dec 18: “Titans”
Jan-Feb 19: “Young Justice: Outsiders Pt. 1”
Feb-May 19: “Doom Patrol”
Jun-Aug 19: “Swamp Thing”
Jun-Jul 19: “Young Justice: Outsiders Pt. 2” (concurrent with “Swamp Thing”)
Aug-Nov 19: “Stargirl”
Oct-Dec 19: “Harley Quinn” (concurrent with “Stargirl”)

This is slightly surprising considering the first trailer for “Harley Quinn” launched the other day, suggesting it was going to be coming along much sooner than the full one year away it currently is. Additionally, DC chief Geoff Johns has confirmed we’ll see Deathstroke on “Titans” and he’ll be a new take (so neither Joe Manganiello or Manu Bennett’s versions). We’ll also see his son Jericho.

Doctor Omega

Margot Robbie Wants To Explore “Harley & Ivy”

margot-robbie-wants-to-explore-harley-ivy-696x464.jpg

This year we saw Warners forego its development of the David Ayer-directed “Gotham City Sirens” project in favour of a Cathy Yan-helmed “Birds of Prey” movie.

Ultimately both films are built around Margot Robbie’s Harley Quinn leading a team of female DC Comics characters against a bad guy, but while ‘Birds’ has her amongst vigilantes and cops like Huntress and Renee Montoya, ‘Sirens’ would’ve seen her alongside villainesses like Catwoman and Poison Ivy.

Indeed the Harley and Ivy relationship is one of the more interesting of modern DC lore, and Robbie explained to Pride Source this week that despite the character not being included in “Birds of Prey,” she is anxious to bring Ivy to the big screen and has been actively trying to make it happen:

“If you read the comics you know that Poison Ivy and Harley have an intimate relationship. In some comics they convey it as a friendship; in other comics you can see that they’re actually sexually involved as a couple. I’ve been trying to – I would love to have Poison Ivy thrown into the universe, because the Harley and Poison Ivy relationship is one of my favorite aspects of the comics, so I’m looking to explore that on screen.”

As Warners hasn’t announced a “Suicide Squad” sequel or another potential film in which such a team-up could happen, it’s not clear if or when this could take place. The comments come as a new feature piece about female-led comic book projects on the horizon at Deadline indicates there has been talk of a “Zatanna” movie at Warner Bros. Pictures, joining the Supergirl and Batgirl standalone projects currently in development.

Doctor Omega

Momoa: Cavill Is Still Superman 100%

momoa-cavill-is-still-superman-100-696x464.jpg

During interviews this month, “Justice League” actors Jason Momoa and Amy Adams have spoken on the record about the future of the DCEU with both seemingly being uncertain about where Warner Bros. Pictures is going with its DC Comics adaptations in the future.

Adams tells Variety that she didn’t think she would be back as Lois Lane as she thinks they’re “revamping that” but doesn’t know the details.

That was followed by comments two days ago from “Aquaman” title star Momoa who said he didn’t know what was happening with Cavill in the role of Superman. The actor has been rumored to be leaving the part, as has Ben Affleck as Batman, and Momoa commented to The Huffington Post earlier this week on their potential exits, saying:

“If they’re both out, then listen: It’s just the place they’re at in their careers. I mean, how many has Henry done? He’s done three? Yeah, I mean, like, you want to move on. I think if I did… s–t, I have done three. Ben is an amazing director that is of age, and probably he’s done enough. I don’t know how to speak on behalf of them, but I had the time of my life [on Justice League]. Henry is the gentlemen who taught me when I came on not knowing anything. I’m like the ruffian hooligan, and he’s just like, ‘There’s kids watching,’ and I’m like, ‘Oh, yeah. My bad.’ He is totally 100% the Superman for me.”

Now though, speaking to Entertainment Tonight on the red carpet for “Aquaman,” Momoa was adamant about Cavill not leaving just yet. Momoa was asked if Cavill was done with the role to which he responded:

“He’s absolutely not. He loves the character and he’s not [leaving]. 100%.”

How that plays out, we’ll see. Affleck’s fate seems more uncertain due to Matt Reeves’ long-gestating “The Batman” film with El Mayimbe reporting that a rewrite of the script was due to be turned in before the end of the year.

“Aquaman” opens in cinemas in select countries tomorrow, and in the U.S. and most of the world on December 21st.

Doctor Omega

Armie Hammer Talks His Lost Batman’s Darkness

armie-hammer-talks-his-lost-batmans-darkness-2-696x464.jpg

Well over a decade ago, a then twentysomething Armie Hammer came very close to playing Batman in George Miller’s “Justice League Mortal” film which was in development at Warner Bros. Pictures.

The project would’ve seen the likes of D.J. Cotrona as Superman, Megan Gale as Wonder Woman, Common as Green Lantern, Adam Brody as The Flash, Santiago Cabrera as Aquaman, Teresa Palmer as Talia al Ghul, Jay Baruchel as the villain Maxwell Lord, and ‘Fury Road’ villain Hugh Keays-Byrne as Martian Manhunter.

Development and pre-production went well with the project getting as far as full costume fittings. Problems then began to arise including the crippling writer’s strike, changing currency values and the lack of a very necessary tax credit from the Australian government that was key to the project’s plan to film in Australia. Ultimately the film fell apart.

Hammer, speaking with Maltin on Movies this week, revealed that his take on The Dark Knight in that film was set to be one of the more severe put to screen:

“I wanted this Batman character to be so dark. I was like look, no one – and this was George’s idea as well, this was really in the script – but no one ever really shows how truly psychotic this man has to be. Like this is a guy who chooses to put on a costume, in all black, and sneak around at night and beat the s— out of people.

Bruce Wayne was the mask that you never really see. I’m probably not supposed to be talking about this, but they took the job away so whatever! So even in times when he would be sitting around, like let’s say he had his batsuit off and all that, he would be sitting down with the thing, looking at the thing with the cowl on, because that’s where he felt the most comfortable in his own weird, twisted way.

He was a neurotic, like borderline schizophrenic dude who didn’t trust a single person, including anyone in the Justice League, and had all the dirt on every single one of them, and was ready to take all of them down at the snap of a finger.”

Ultimately Ben Affleck’s Batman in Zack Snyder’s “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” inherited some of those traits that were to be in Hammer’s interpretation. Matt Reeves is developing a new take on Batman for Warners which has yet to cast the role.

Doctor Omega

DC Universe | 2019 Trailer (extended version)

New year. New universe. Join DC Universe now to dive into new releases all year long. Your membership unlocks original series like Titans, Young Justice: Outsiders, Doom Patrol, Swamp Thing, Stargirl and Harley Quinn, new animated films like Reign of the Supermen, a wide selection of classic movies and TV shows, plus more comics than ever before. You'll also get access to a shop stocked with must-have merch, our exclusive news show DC Daily, and discussion forums where you can connect, create and debate with other superfans. Join at dcuniverse.com/join to start streaming and reading today! #DCUniverse #DCU #DCComics

Doctor Omega

“Green Lantern” Reboot In Development?

green-lantern-casting-shortlist-rumored-696x464.jpg

Nearly eight years on, the “Green Lantern” film remains one of the most infamously terrible comic book movie adaptations of the modern era. The Ryan Reynolds-led film was so bad that it remains a pop culture joke to this day, as seen in “Deadpool 2,” and so the studio has long struggled to decide how to revamp the property.

‘Lantern’ remains one of the most prominent DC Comics heroes and in recent years there have often been rumors of the team movie “Green Lantern Corps.” starring several of the numerous versions of the character – namely Hal Jordan and Jon Stewart. David Goyer’s name has long been attached and at last report, he and Justin Rhodes were penning a script.

Today, Deadline reports that DC chief and producer-writer Geoff Johns is working on a script that will reinvent the property for the screen, but details on this new take are scant. The trade then goes on to suggest Grant Morrison’s newest incarnation of the Emerald Crusader may be the best suited for the screen – this version painting Hal Jordan as a disaffected astronaut turned U.S. Marshal-style lone-wolf hero.

At present, the studio hasn’t officially announced any DC Comics-inspired projects heading into production past mid-2020 aside from Matt Reeves’ “The Batman” which is rumored to begin shooting this Fall.

See also.....

GREEN LANTERN (2011)....

https://www.imdforums.com/threads/green-lantern-2011.1359/

GREEN LANTERN CORPS (2020).......

https://www.imdforums.com/threads/green-lantern-corps-2020.2526/

Doctor Omega

Warners chief Toby Emmerich told THR this week that with the success of “Wonder Woman” and more recently “Aquaman,” they now have the confidence to move forward with a DC playbook that’s “very different than the Marvel playbook” and one “far less focused on a shared universe… we take it one movie at a time. Each movie is its own equation and own creative entity… it always has to be about the directors.”

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
“far less focused on a shared universe… we take it one movie at a time. Each movie is its own equation and own creative entity… it always has to be about the directors.”
You mean, like, how every single DC fan had been telling them from the very beginning?

Doctor Omega

Cavill might be back as Superman.....

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Cavill might be back as Superman.....

I just hope they give him back the proper Superman costume this time.