High Plains Drifter

The Drifter
VIP
As we all get older what have you learned that you wished you would have learned when you younger?

Maybe read? watched? Learned? Dumb things? etc..... Have fun with it.

You can still break out at any age. It's not just your teen years.

Neons do not make good mudding vehicles.

Z24's can hit 100 in a mile stretch.

Z24's don't take ice to good at 60.

Hux

Member: Rank 6
Mostly that being confident gets you pretty much everything in life (especially women).

Oh and you should also pour the oil over the yolk when you're frying an egg.

High Plains Drifter

The Drifter
VIP
Oh and you should also pour the oil over the yolk when you're frying an egg.
Ew! Oil? I use straight up butter. If I'm making omelettes I mix my eggs with milk and butter. Nice fluffy omelettes. Just have to keep guard cause butter does burn easily.

Hey @Hux Do you put oil in your water when boiling paste? It keeps you from having a boil over. Learned the trick from That 70's show.

Carol

Member: Rank 5
You can still break out at any age. It's not just your teen years.
OK it's Friday night and sorry - I'm clearly not up to speed with this... suspect we're having a trans-Atlantic terminology misfire, so please pamper my curiosity:
Guessing you don't mean jail break, or break dancing (suspect no one in their right mind over 23 tries that without ending up in traction) ...but that leaves me wondering, not to beat around the bush, what you actually do mean?

Hux

Member: Rank 6
Pasta never occurred to me. I was picturing a pan full of some kind of paste. I was intrigued by the very idea.

As for pasta, no I've never put oil in. I tend to go for a gentle simmer so boiling over isn't an issue.

It wasn't until late in life that I realised you shouldn't wash spoons under a tap. Just asking for trouble.

Carol

Toothpaste
Makes total sense - of course who hasn't been a student who had to resort to toothpaste on toast after running out of jam or peanut butter? (Or so I hear.)
And I'm not sure about the oil thing - tried it both ways and it seems to make no difference - but any self-respecting Italian housewife would have me run out of town for the liberties I take with risotto, so don't take my word for it.

Carol

you shouldn't wash spoons under a tap
And you know that pointless little removable centrepiece in the lid of a blender? (They say it's for drizzlng oil into a mayonaisse or adding individual ice cubes to a cocktail, but I know better now.)The day not to check it's secure is NOT the day you're dealing with boiling borscht - first the scalding hot beetroot mush flies out to the ceiling, then bounces back to hit you in the face. Ranks third worst culinary disaster I've ever had (so far).

High Plains Drifter

The Drifter
VIP
Never ever when a trucker says "Boost the power on a CB." Hook a jumper box to a CB antenna while you little sister is holding the handle. They tend to dance funny and get pretty pissed about it. Also later in life use it as an example for their kids to learn by. Even bring it up when talking about the past. Yep, never going to live that one down. Ever!

High Plains Drifter

The Drifter
VIP
OK it's Friday night and sorry - I'm clearly not up to speed with this... suspect we're having a trans-Atlantic terminology misfire, so please pamper my curiosity:
Guessing you don't mean jail break, or break dancing (suspect no one in their right mind over 23 tries that without ending up in traction) ...but that leaves me wondering, not to beat around the bush, what you actually do mean?
Zits, Pimples, Blackheads, etc.

High Plains Drifter

The Drifter
VIP
Honest words to live by, and never do to your mom. Never, ever, say these few words in a text "Diving Miss Daisy." Thought I sent those words to my sister when I was out with my mom. I have a new phone so haven't put in all the contacts. I thought I clicked normal text not group. I replied a group text from my mom. So everyone knows it, and I'm still on the sh*t list to this day. Let's just say Miss Daisy, and everyone else is not letting me live it down. My brother in law and sister quote the movie all the time.