• SJW's

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Rubbish Showrunners!

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Poor Ratings

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Moving it around in the schedules

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other shows: The public gets bored and will move on to other fare!

• Nothing can kill it now! The show is here to stay!

• Total voters

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
cancelled.pngtardis_in_the_swamp_by_kissyushka-d5j7g6w.jpg

When the modern show ends - as all things must - what do you think - this time around - will be the factors that bring about it's eventual collapse into a serious period of hibernation?

And do you think that the next cancellation will be the permanent end of DOCTOR WHO?

Or do you think that it is actually here to stay now, with no more wilderness periods? A perpetual franchise?

And what forces and factors could bring about that - either temporary or permanent - ending?

(You may use as many votes as you wish in the poll.)

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

I think, when it happens, it will start with them dropping Christmas specials. (I understand that they weren't going to bother with one this year, but Moffat insisted.)

Then maybe the show will change to a few specials every year, rather than a full series.

A gradual reduction of product.

Then a quiet disappearance, with talk of having a little rest and a rethink.

Cue second wilderness period.

The show will return after that, of course, but whether this would be a continuation or a complete reboot, I have no idea.

I think we have about five more years left of this run, max, and that may be being too optimistic.

As to why they would cancel it, well, ratings partly, but mainly poor merchandising sales.

In terms of that storyline of the last episode of modern WHO...

I do not think that it will end it with a bang. They may not even announce that it is ending.

I think that it will fade away with a whimper and the promise of further new television adventures - adventures that will not come until after another (never officially announced) lengthy hiatus.

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

I think, when it happens, it will start with them dropping Christmas specials.

Yikes!

Then maybe the show will change to a few specials every year, rather than a full series.

Double yikes!

Then a quiet disappearance, with talk of having a little rest and a rethink.

Cue second wilderness period.

No yikes whatsoever.... yet.

My predictive powers are not quite up there with Ant-Mac's correctly saying that Bill would end up looking out from behind a Cyberman mask,......

https://www.imdforums.com/threads/modern-doctor-who.1908/page-7

https://www.imdforums.com/threads/world-enough-and-time-the-doctor-falls-2017.2839/

ANT-MAC: Let's see how funny she thinks it is when she's looking out from behind her very own cloth mask...

Well before.......

but even so!

On a serious note though, could I be reading these signs wrong, and that the show in fact has a glorious future ahead of it?

Or could this really be the beginning of the end? :emoji_head_bandage:

DOOMBRINGER OMEGA