Fun Your Last Meal...

streak1981

Member: Rank 3
Baked ziti that was swimming in cheese. No meat, though... Vegetarian here. Well, pescetarian if you wanna get technical, since I still eat fish.

Oh, & garlic rolls. Can't forget those. XD

DeJoHnNiE

Member: Rank 4
I love recipes that come with nice pictures, Johnnie :emoji_bacon:
Yours was a good dish. Is it mandatory to put the meat to rest before putting it in the oven?
I love it too
Gives some taste to a post metinks lol

Yes, resting the meat is kinda important for all meat cuts, especially steaks, red meats, etc and like a nice tenderloine like that. When resting it will cook on and it gives the juicy juice time to settle after being in a hot pan. This will give the meat a better and fuller taste overall, thus giving it the taste it should have.

So it's not mandatory but highly recommended to do so and everyone who knows how to cook a proper steak will leave it for 2-3 [but not longer than 5] min before cutting and serving it. If done well and take two steaks, let one rest for a few min and cut the one right after taking it off the heat, you will and should notice a big difference in juice / moist between the two.

I rested the tenderloin for max 10 min before oven so it doesnt go from hot to hot and overcook ánd get all dry. I can leave it in the oven for atleast 30-40 min on 175c and still have a very rose and juicy tenderloine because of the resting period.

Carol

Member: Rank 5
Oi, Mustang! I'd be howling at the moon for a couple of those if I wasn't already full of yesterday's beef/reed wine stew I finished off today - but tell me, please, where does the sawn-off log fit in? - That's way too much roughage for me!

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
We were going to have pork chops, but the wife is feeling poorly, so I'll make the kids something to eat and just have something to snack on. It's not like I couldn't go a couple of days without eating.

chainsaw_metal1

Hope she's feeling better today?
Alas, no. We've been passing cold after cold in our little hamlet. This has been a terrible winter for colds and the flu, what with the weather going from shorts weather to snow and freezing every other week.

But climate change is a myth...

Amyghost

McDonald's probably, but I am not sure.
I'm laughing at the coincidence of the title 'Rosemary's Baby' occurring right below this thread's title on the What's New board, so I'm guessing it'll be that--with a side of fries. Otherwise, probably the remaining Creole seafood pie we picked up in Jamestownthe other day.

Carol

Member: Rank 5
cold after cold
As there is no known cure for the common cold, making yourself feel as comforted as possible is all a person can do - my failsafe is a big brew of lemon and ginger and honey and whisky - when in doubt, omit lemon, ginger and honey. Some people prefer to omit cinnamon, it's up to you. Hope you both make it out of hibernation soon.
(England has no equivalent of Groundhog Day you know - all that wasted optimism would be way too stressful - also, we don't have groundhogs.)

TheSowIsMine

What an excellent day for an exorcism
VIP
I had pizza yesterday, I didn't feel like cooking.
Tonight Im going to eat a noodle dish.

streak1981

Baked mahi-mahi topped w/ an artichoke & olive caponata w/ a side of herbed couscous.

Suffice to say, I polished off my plate. Lol

duzit

Member: Rank 6
Last meal was a take out from a local small business restaurant with good home tasting food.
Wonderfully thick Cream of Broccoli soup w/chopped steak ,homemaid mashed pots w/great gravy,
corn that was so fresh it tastes like it just came off the cob. Add to this a nice fresh small side salad w/slices of cucumber/tomatoes and grated carrots w/a homemade ranch dressing. Add to all this a flaky cinn. roll. All this for $8.75. Plus, the taste is sublime for a small, local Mom & Pop restaurant...:emoji_blush::emoji_fork_and_knife::emoji_croissant:

chainsaw_metal1

Right now we're waiting for a pan of tater tot casserole to finish cooking. But a friend of mine went this week to his son's graduation from culinary school, where he said they had egg rolls stuffed with Philly steak. That just sounds incredible!

streak1981

Spaghetti marinara w/ two garlic rolls... Then I walked it all off at the park & treated myself to a Kahlua shake since I had over 1000 calories left to use up. XD

duzit

Member: Rank 6
Spaghetti marinara w/ two garlic rolls... Then I walked it all off at the park & treated myself to a Kahlua shake since I had over 1000 calories left to use up. XD
Good choice on the Kahlua, can never go wrong w/Kahlua. Very smart about the calories too, never want to loose leftover calories◆◆◆:emoji_purple_heart::emoji_purple_heart::emoji_purple_heart: