Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
USS_Enterprise_(NCC-1701),_ENT.jpg

MV5BZTBjNDRiYjQtMGY0Yi00YmY0LWExOTktMDAwNjQ4M2IzMGNlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUxOTY5MjI@._V1_.jpg

Feel free to post general messages here on the life and adventures of Shatner's Kirk and Co.

From Adonis to Zetar, Let This Be Your First Thread...

What are your thoughts on this, the original incarnation of Star Trek?

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Your thoughts and views on views on the original Captain Kirk - and the actor who played him....

William Shatner has rarely been spoken of fondly by his Trek co-workers in the past.

But has he deserved all the flak?

Or is it just a case of other people being jealous of his success, while their careers have sadly stalled?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9dEI-Ru1CI

Last edited:

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
Both. I have read many accounts from co-stars, crew and others that Bill could be a terror to work with, and completely run by ego. There was a long thread on IMDb that talked about many of the accusations made by his co-workers, and I think that much of what he gets as far as bad talk has been earned. But I'm sure that there is some jealousy on the part of others who didn't have the career that Bill had.

Doctor Omega

You watch with delight as they are acid-flattened by a Horta.

Say a happy goodbye to your least favourite Original Crew regular character.

But which one will it be that gets to scream "NO!!" and end up as a flat, scorched pancake?

And why condemn them to such a horrible fate in the first place?

chainsaw_metal1

I have to say, there's no one in the original cast of regular characters that I would wish such a fate upon. However, if someone held a Ceti Eel up to my ear and said I had to pick someone, I would probably just go with Chekov, just because he's the most disposable. But it would suck, because I like Chekov.

Doctor Omega

Sulu. This is only because in the years since the original show, George Takei has become such an annoying media-chasing person and droning on and on about Bill that I can no longer distinguish between his once immensely likeable and admirable character of Sulu and the LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME actor who used to play him.

So it is George who has led to this appalling fate for Sulu.

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Please post here about the life and work of the late and much missed Leonard Nimoy.

What will you remember him for?

And is he still the definitive Spock?

Last edited:

Hux

Member: Rank 6
Absolutely the definitive Spock but Quinto does a great job too.

He was always so articulate and possessed such a noticeable intelligence.

Sadly never got to meet (or even see him) at any of the conventions.

duzit

I just watched on Netflix a documentary on him done by his son Adam Nimoy called:
"For the Love of Spock".
It's very well done, gives insite to his life playing Spock and also glimpses into his private life.
I was heartbroken when they killed Spock, but loved the way they brought him back. I have
the book written by Shatner, "Leonard: My Fifty-Year Friendship with a Remarkable Man"
I have not yet read it. So many books, so many movies, so many forums, so little time◆◆◆♡♡♡

Doctor Omega

Even if he has been the biggest douche on the planet, time for George Takei to leave Bill alone now I think!

Thankfully George has been fairly quiet of late...

Doctor Omega

Your views and thoughts on both Scotty and James Doohan, the actor who played this beloved engineer....

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Bill just came up with this - and tells us everything there is to know about Mars....

Nice to know he is still going strong...

No retirement for Bill!

Last edited:

chainsaw_metal1

A scholar and a gentleman. He really was a great actor, but I don't think Hollywood ever gave him the right roles. I know he got glowing reviews for his theatre work, and I wish I could have seen him on stage.

Have you seen the documentary FOR THE LOVE OF SPOCK that his son Adam did? It's on Netflix, and it's a great film. It really shows Leonard the man.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
I'm sure you can guess what my opinion of Spock might be...

He's one of three fictional characters I used as a role model in my teens.

As for Leonard Nimoy, would you believe that my son is also named Leonard?

Although despite what friends have thought over the years, it has no connection with the late Mister Nimoy.

duzit

I believe I posted this in another thread called "Leonard Nimoy" on Feb.28. Do we have double threads? @Doctor Omega

I just watched on Netflix a documentary on him done by his son Adam Nimoy called:
"For the Love of Spock".
It's very well done, gives insite to his life playing Spock and also glimpses into his private life.
I was heartbroken when they killed Spock, but loved the way they brought him back. I have
the book written by Shatner, "Leonard: My Fifty-Year Friendship with a Remarkable Man"
I have not yet read it. So many books, so many movies, so many forums, so little time