Asian Movies with cute/funny/quirky English Titles

Zelena

Member: Rank 2
Turtles Are Surprisingly Fast Swimmers (2005)
IIRC you loved this one. I hated it. :confused:

plsletitrain

Member: Rank 5
IMDb lists it as "Turtles Swim Faster Than Expected"! I love the title.

Yeah, I loved the movie too. You recommended it to me (or well, not really recommended, but I saw your review of it which made me watch it for the title alone).

I started this thread to unearth those movies with remarkable titles. I easily forget plots and all that, but I easily remember quirky titles.

sitenoise

I loved the turtle movie.

Does The Girls Rebel Force of Competitive Swimmers (aka Attack Girls Swim Team vs the Unliving Dead) count as cute funny quirky?

Last edited:

ebossert

Member: Rank 3
Boobs Volleyball
Big Boobs Zombie
Funuke Show Me Some Love, You Losers!
How To Use Guys With Secret Tips
I'm A Cyborg, But That's Okay
The Foreign Duck, the Native Duck, and God in a Coin Locker
Why Don't You Play In Hell?
Let's-Make-the-Teacher-Have-a-Miscarriage Club
Devil Fetus
Doggy Poo
Horny House of Horror
Zombie A$$ Toilet of the Dead
Assault! Jack the Ripper
Amazing Lives of the Fast Food Grifters

Plus, there are hundreds of Pinku films with hilarious titles.

plsletitrain

Attack Girls Swim Team vs. The Unliving Dead probably sounds not funny/quirky but more of "alien". :emoji_alien:

Lets-make-the-teacher-have-a-miscarriage Club.. WTH.

clayton-12

Member: Rank 4
You shouldn't need to stray too far ... how about:

Mondomanila, or: How I Fixed My Hair After a Rather Long Journey (Khavn, 2010)
Who Invented the Yo-Yo? Who Invented the Moon Buggy? (Kidlat Tahimik, 1982)

plsletitrain

@clayton

I was thinking of Philippine movies at first but I couldn't come up with one. I'll try to think of some more.

divemaster13

Member: Rank 4
Does The Girls Rebel Force of Competitive Swimmers (aka Attack Girls Swim Team vs the Unliving Dead) count as cute funny quirky?
Arrrrgh! I saw the thread title and hoped to be the first to mention this one! Do I lose any cred points by admitting that I actually have this DVD on my shelf? And have watched it? (It sucked, by the way. 1.5 / 5)

sitenoise

None of these, so far, is even in the same ballpark as APOCALYPSE MEOW catwirl3.gif

Arrrrgh! I saw the thread title and hoped to be the first to mention this one! Do I lose any cred points by admitting that I actually have this DVD on my shelf? And have watched it? (It sucked, by the way. 1.5 / 5)
I give it 2.899/5 or 5.788/10. Not that I watched many, but I thought it was one of the better ones from that swarm of the last decade.

plsletitrain

@sitenoise

Is that your cat? This is so awesome. I could just stare at awe with these cute gifs you guys post. And yeah, stare with envy lol.

I think we were caught off guard with ebossert's Apocalpyse Meow because 1) Apocalypse Now is one of the most highly respected movies of all time with a serious theme, actors that has serious acting chops and then we get an Apocalypse Meow 2) ebossert's write-up was so serious its as if he glossed over that epic translation he just wrote.

And how the hell do you come up with a rating such as 2.899...where does the .899 come from??? How is it any different from say, 2.990? Really bugged me since IMDb days.

For some reason, one title gets stuck in my tongue which is very LOL-worthy but I can't remember its title for the life of me.

elanor

Member: Rank 3
I'm not really sure what a cute/funny/quirky English Title is.
So give me some slack.

funny: You're My Pet http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2040605/

quirky: A Woman, a Gun and a Noodle Shop
The Equation of Love and Death
I'm a Cyborg, But That's OK

Big Bang Love, Juvenile A
Bright Future
Tears of the Black Tiger

That the title Bright Future is quirky becomes clear only if one has seen the film IMO