Review Australia's Finest - The Church

michaellevenson

Member: Rank 8
Possibly the best band from Australia, wonderful and no nonsense rock, driven by the talented Steve Kilbey. Released over a dozen albums and as many solo albums , some recently with Martin Kennedy

Last edited:

michaellevenson

As well as leading The Church for about twenty albums, he's released almost as many solo projects. This is such a beautiful track recorded with Martin Kennedy, his collaborator for recent albums.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Again I ask , any fans? No! Pity, this really is one of the best bands to come out of Australia.
A recent new album including this song.
Sorry mate...

I'm more of a fan of ACDC, Cold Chisel and Redgum.

Also too many other performers and genres to name here.

michaellevenson

Sorry mate...

I'm more of a fan of ACDC, Cold Chisel and Redgum.

Also too many other performers and genres to name here.
Of course I may have a wrong impression. Just because they're Aussie doesn't mean they are big in Australia.
I know they play to sell out crowds when they come to England and they're big in the USA. Of course I know playing to large audiences in the States doesn't necessarily mean anything as the country is so huge.
But are they known in Australia?, Is Steve Kilbey a personality there?

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Of course I may have a wrong impression. Just because they're Aussie doesn't mean they are big in Australia.
I know they play to sell out crowds when they come to England and they're big in the USA. Of course I know playing to large audiences in the States doesn't necessarily mean anything as the country is so huge.
But are they known in Australia?, Is Steve Kilbey a personality there?
I've heard of them - and I'm not one to keep up with the latest music bands. Steve Kilbey might be a personality here, but I've never heard of him.

Of course, that doesn't mean anything.

michaellevenson

I've heard of them - and I'm not one to keep up with the latest music bands. Steve Kilbey might be a personality here, but I've never heard of him.

Of course, that doesn't mean anything.
Interesting, because I've just read on wikipedia that they were inducted into the Sydney ARIA Hall Of Fame in 2011.
Maybe big in Sydney but not nationally, ...a bit like Rugby League.
Anyway being a rock fan you might like the track Reptile that is second on this thread.

Last edited: