Review Kerblam (2018)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Episode 7 is called 'Kerblam!', and here's the official synopsis:

"'Delivery for the Doctor!' A mysterious message arrives in a package addressed to the Doctor, leading her, Graham, Yaz and Ryan to investigate the warehouse moon orbiting Kandoka, and the home of the galaxy's largest retailer: Kerblam!"

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
I rather liked this episode.
It definitely got dark in places, like when the young lady was killed because of the fellow who was in love with her. And the fact that The Doctor didn't do more to get him to safety when the bombs were going off was something I would have expected from Colin or Sylvester's episodes. I appreciate that there are legitimate stakes involved, and consequences for actions.
Also, the Kerblam delivery robots are really creepy.

The Seeker

Member: Rank 6
Amazon of the future!

There were one heavy theme in there: automation. With machines getting more sophisticated and able to do more and more things, will they replace humans? They’d be expensive to build but would save money in the long run, not requiring a salary or healthcare. So what will humans do? They could have expounded on that. The villian was a little hastily drawn. We see his motivation, but I would have liked to hear more about his life before he was lucky enough to snag that job.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Episode 7 | Access All Areas | Doctor Who

Join Yinka Bokinni for a round-up of all the best backstage action of the week. This week we get up close and personal with the Kerblam team mates and Jodie and Mandip need to be quick on the draw.