Alex Vojacek

Administrator
Staff member
VIP
Just finished watching it for the first time !. This feels like an instant classic that somehow I missed in my youth !. I'm so glad you posted this because I felt the need to watch it, so many good memories... still no smartphones, no internet, people were actual people, a period of more innocence, I don't know, I'm so glad it was on Netflix, please, recommend more movies like this, I loved Dazed & Confused and its a classic from my time, I somehow missed this one, I hope I missed other ones aswell !

High Plains Drifter

The Drifter
VIP
Just finished watching it for the first time !. This feels like an instant classic that somehow I missed in my youth !. I'm so glad you posted this because I felt the need to watch it, so many good memories... still no smartphones, no internet, people were actual people, a period of more innocence, I don't know, I'm so glad it was on Netflix, please, recommend more movies like this, I loved Dazed & Confused and its a classic from my time, I somehow missed this one, I hope I missed other ones aswell !
PCU is another good one. I think I posted a thread about it on here.

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
I remember seeing this one in the late 90s on cable, and enjoying it, but thinking that it felt like someone had tried to make a more sanitized version of a Kevin Smith film. I know that's an unfair take on it, but the movie had just come out around that time of CLERKS and MALLRATS, and it had that same sort of vice to it, if that makes sense. Still, a very good film, but sad to reminisce about all the good times I had in my youth at record shops. Damn you Napster and Amazon!

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
arga.jpg

A day in the life of the employees of Empire Records. Except this is a day where everything comes to a head for a number of them facing personal crises - can they pull through together? And more importantly, can they keep their record store independent and not swallowed up by corporate greed?