Review Groundhog Day (1993)

Hux

Member: Rank 6
Its a truly fantastic film.

The really interesting scene for me is the one where Rita and Larry identify his body in the morgue as it suggests that each unique reality he is experiencing continues to exist without him -- how could that scene exist otherwise? So all those repeat days are in fact, real universes where Phil went in a different direction primarily based on his awareness of them being repeat days.

How many repeat days were there? Well according to this video, it's 12,395 days (or 33 years) though they suggest he learnt French based on the scene where he speaks SOME French but I don't buy that'

duzit

Member: Rank 6
Sorry, I know this is considered a great film, but we're all entitled to our opinion. I've never been a Bill Murray fan and I didn't like that it started over & over again. Just watched another repeat & repeat
"ARQ" and didn't like it either...I don't have the patience for repeat & repeat.

Carol

Member: Rank 5
Hi Duzit - true, not liking Bill Murray would cramp anyone's style from liking a film where he's barely off-screen I can take him or leave him - wonderfully daft in Ghostbusters, but then again, he couldn't keep my interest in Lost In Translation (that was also a case of a film so hyped to me by a friend who'd loved it that I could never have obliged by liking it half as much as I was supposed to).

What's "ARQ", please?

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
My wife has been watching this one pretty regularly lately (she has trouble sleeping, so she has a handful of movies that she'll put on to fall asleep to since she knows them pretty well and doesn't have to pay attention to them). It still holds up. Murray is a brilliant actor, and makes the unlikable character of Phil Conners someone you could end up rooting for. It's too bad that he and Ramis disagreed so heavily on the film that it ended their friendship, only to reconnect right before Ramis' passing.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
“Groundhog Day” VR Sequel Gets A Trailer

groundhog-day-vr-sequel-gets-a-trailer-696x464.jpg

Tequila Works and MWM Immersive have premiered the first trailer for “Groundhog Day: Like Father Like Son,” a new game designed for PlayStation VR.

Serving as a follow-up to the 1993 Bill Murray-led comedy, the story follows Murray’s character’s don Phil Connors Jr. who, like his father, is trapped in a day inside the town of Punxsutawney and will have to learn the true value of friends and family to escape his repeating nightmare.

James Siciliano (“Rick and Morty”) and Telltale Games’ Joshua Rubin are penning the game which will contain multiple branching narratives. The plan is for a late 2019 release.