Fun Hot Dogs!

Hux

Member: Rank 6
Well, I'd try all of them but the first three look the most greasy and that's what I've always thought a hot dog should be.

One thing I've always wonders though; why isn't there a hot dog based fast food franchise?

Hunter28

Member: Rank 3
One thing I've always wondered though; why isn't there a hot dog based fast food franchise?

I know what you mean. I stopped at a place called Suzie's Dogs and Drafts. It was packed. Every topping you could think of and ice cold draft beer. No doubt the place was a money maker.

Of those five I would pick the first one. We usually have baked beans with hotdogs so why not just add them to the hotdog.

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
Well, I've had baked beans on a dog, as well as chili, so number one is out. And three looks like simple saurkraut, which is delicious, but again, since I've had it, it's out. I'm intrigued by number two, with the ham and pineapple combo. Number five would be my second choice, and number four looks like a mess. Not sold.

One thing I've always wonders though; why isn't there a hot dog based fast food franchise?
I agree, there should be a franchise. However, I'm shocked at learning how many restaurants are dedicated to lips and assholes on a bun.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_hot_dog_restaurants

Hux

Member: Rank 6
Well, I've had baked beans on a dog, as well as chili, so number one is out. And three looks like simple saurkraut, which is delicious, but again, since I've had it, it's out. I'm intrigued by number two, with the ham and pineapple combo. Number five would be my second choice, and number four looks like a mess. Not sold.

I agree, there should be a franchise. However, I'm shocked at learning how many restaurants are dedicated to lips and assholes on a bun.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_hot_dog_restaurants
Yeah I was aware there were a lot of them (certainly in America ) but none that would seem to dominate the market world wide. I guess people see it more as a snack than a meal.

Carol

Member: Rank 5
Which one would you most want to try?
Good to meet you Hunter - and respect for the random snack quiz concept!
I'm experiencing a slight sense of being not-American-enough to relate fully to this - but:

1) Baked beans: seems odd but that's really tomato ketchup with lumps so OK - and is that a rasher of bacon tucked down the side? This is fine, but I'd prefer a bacon butty. Now I want a bacon butty.
2) Pineapple chunks? Barbaric, moving on...
3) Appears to be a mini bratwurst with mustard and sauerkraut - fine, but I'd rather have the real German version. The sausage is much bigger to start with. And size matters in this context.
4) No comment - looks like someone already ate this one.
5) Spicy salad topping - oh God, I want a proper kebab now. Shish or doner, don't care "everything except the raw onion, heavy on the chili pickles and no sinister salad cream, please",