Information How Come Some People Dress Like This In Hot Weather?

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
It sounds to me like it should be getting harder to deny climate chance... I wear shorts all year round. Bugger what other people think.

I live alone - apart from Fred the Pomeranian - and if anyone wants to visit, I always tell them to ring ahead, so I can put the kettle and pants on.

Carol

Member: Rank 5
I prefer to wear pants when I go outside
Although I share your sentiments on this matter, we are eternally divided by our different uses of English - do Americans use the term "going commando" for being denuded of underwear? aka without your knickers? smalls in your handbag? etc, etc. We wear our pants on the inside, m'dear.
And unless you've had to explain to an entire coachload of elderly American tourists EXACTLY why "fanny pack" is an unfortunate Americanism over here, and "bum bag" should be the preferred alternative when attempting to buy a new one in Boots the Chemist because the elastic has snapped on the one you arrived with... well, all I can say is, you haven't lived my life.

MIKEPR

Member: Rank 1
Can you stupid people stay on topic.

Getting sick of these notices that have nothing to do with the topic.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Can you stupid people stay on topic.
I am sorry if you are feeling angry or frustrated, MIKE. However, that is no reason to violate the CODE OF CONDUCT by being insulting or rude to other members.

An original poster has no right to expect to be able to control a thread throughout its active lifetime. Threads frequently take on a life and a personality of their own, due to the input from so many different people.
Getting sick of these notices that have nothing to do with the topic.
I believe there is an option to switch off that function should you wish to do so.

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
Although I share your sentiments on this matter, we are eternally divided by our different uses of English - do Americans use the term "going commando" for being denuded of underwear? aka without your knickers? smalls in your handbag? etc, etc. We wear our pants on the inside, m'dear.
It is, indeed, "going commando". Somewhere, when early Americans were deciding which words and spellings to change to be "different", trousers became pants. You still find trousers, but only when talking about dress pants, which is typically the term used. As for going commando, I prefer not to, because of chafing.
And unless you've had to explain to an entire coachload of elderly American tourists EXACTLY why "fanny pack" is an unfortunate Americanism over here, and "bum bag" should be the preferred alternative when attempting to buy a new one in Boots the Chemist because the elastic has snapped on the one you arrived with... well, all I can say is, you haven't lived my life.
I've always been curious about the early days of said product, and just what images were brought to mind when Americans used our term in front of Brits. I suppose something in the vein of when we yell the phrase "eat a bowl of dicks" to someone here in the states.

Carol

Member: Rank 5
Can you stupid people stay on topic
? [have a question mark on me - you seem to be missing one]

(1) apparently not - conversation appears to be organic, ebbing and flowing with the interests and opinions of the participants
(2) here we seem to have exhausted interest in your original question, although I would respectfully suggest that a discussion of going commando is not inappropriate in the context of hot-weather dressing options
(3) Pretty sure I'm not stupid either.

"eat a bowl of dicks"
Good grief - never heard that one! We live and learn.

streak1981

Member: Rank 3
I've NEVER liked wearing shorts... Give me a good, comfy pair of jeans, & I'm happy.

LMAO!!! I never liked fanny packs, either. I don't like wearing any extraneous fabric &/or odd materials. I can't... I always feel like I'm being suffocated.