News Is there any new rap worth listening to?

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
Honestly, my favorite music of the genre is the late 80s-mid 90s, when gangsta rap was king. NWA, Eazy-E, Ice-T, and Public Enemy. I dig Snoop, but I don't know much of his newer stuff. Honestly, when I hear most new rap, it doesn't hit me. Even as much as I like Eminem, a lot of his later stuff sounds more club friendly, and less of what made him good at the beginning.

As far as Ice-T goes, I am ecstatic that Body Count just released a new album. Those guys are still amazing!

TheSowIsMine

What an excellent day for an exorcism
VIP
Im not a big rap fan, but I do have some old Ice T, Ice Cube, Public Enemy and Gravediggaz albums. But I haven't heard any new rap worth listening to, of course, its not like Im actively looking.

chainsaw_metal1

Im not a big rap fan, but I do have some old Ice T, Ice Cube, Public Enemy and Gravediggaz albums.
Throw in some NWA and Bone Thugs N Harmony, and you have some of the best albums I ever smoked pot to in high school. As well as Alice In Chains' Dirt, Metallica's ...And Justice For All, and Slayer's Seasons In The Abyss. Ah, memories....
But I haven't heard any new rap worth listening to, of course, its not like Im actively looking.
I dig me some rap now and then, and the stuff that gets played on MTV is, well, crap. None of it has the emotional depth that the stuff from the early 90s had. Maybe it was the fact that most of it was more hardcore and I came from a metal background, but yeah, I haven't heard much good in the realm of hip-hop in a long time.

TheSowIsMine

VIP
Throw in some NWA and Bone Thugs N Harmony, and you have some of the best albums I ever smoked pot to in high school. As well as Alice In Chains' Dirt, Metallica's ...And Justice For All, and Slayer's Seasons In The Abyss. Ah, memories....

I dig me some rap now and then, and the stuff that gets played on MTV is, well, crap. None of it has the emotional depth that the stuff from the early 90s had. Maybe it was the fact that most of it was more hardcore and I came from a metal background, but yeah, I haven't heard much good in the realm of hip-hop in a long time.
Yeah, it's so poppy these days. And like you, I'm into metal, so I like my rap a little more hardcore.
I was listening to Public Enemy the other day, and it's right in your face, it's awesome. And then I'm confronted with a Lil Wayne pretending to play the guitar...it was time for some Body Count.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Yeah, it's so poppy these days. And like you, I'm into metal, so I like my rap a little more hardcore.
I was listening to Public Enemy the other day, and it's right in your face, it's awesome. And then I'm confronted with a Lil Wayne pretending to play the guitar...it was time for some Body Count.
PUBLIC ENEMY... BODY COUNT...

I have no idea what sort of music they perform, but they sound like the ingredients to the sort of film I enjoy. :emoji_wink:

chainsaw_metal1

Public Enemy was a politically driven group, often causing controversy by telling the truth, and had band shirts that were worn by suburban white kids who could "relate to them".

Body Count was the metal band started by rap pioneer Ice-T (the token black cop on Law & Order: SVU). Again, causing controversy, but with songs like Cop Killer, and KKK Bitch (one of my favorites). This is off of their latest album, proving that Ice-T is still angry as fuck, and telling it like it is (better than some white bred, silver spoon assholes I could name).

TheSowIsMine

VIP
Public Enemy was a politically driven group, often causing controversy by telling the truth, and had band shirts that were worn by suburban white kids who could "relate to them".

Body Count was the metal band started by rap pioneer Ice-T (the token black cop on Law & Order: SVU). Again, causing controversy, but with songs like Cop Killer, and KKK Bitch (one of my favorites). This is off of their latest album, proving that Ice-T is still angry as fuck, and telling it like it is (better than some white bred, silver spoon assholes I could name).

Look at that 3 string bass guitar :)