Review Ministry

michaellevenson

Member: Rank 8
This group is LOUD. Not sure if its properly described as Industrial Metal, or thrash metal. Front man and driving force is the charismatic Alain Jorgensen. Had a UK hit with Jesus built my Hotrod, a dozen or so albums and the biggest thing in this scene. Recommend if you feel like letting yourself GO CRAZY.

michaellevenson

This song , or thrash, is obviously aimed at George Bush and later albums, Houses Of Mole, Rio Grande Blood and Last Sucker were very political and not too kind to George W.

chainsaw_metal1

This is still probably my favorite song of theirs, off of the Psalm 69 album (same album Jesus Built My Hot Rod comes from). It's not much more than two or three chords, but it's just s thick, sludgy groove that I could listen to all day.

TheSowIsMine

What an excellent day for an exorcism
VIP
Ministry is an awesome band.

As for Surgical Meth Machine, I only heard the song Im Invincible(which sounded like a rejected Mr. Bungle song) and Tragic Alert.
Not really a fan.

michaellevenson

Two Surgical Meth Machine tracks of note;
I'm Sensitive, the album opener is a riot and " Unlistenable" which is astonishing. The second half of this track has a band member asking Al what he thinks of various bands, " Iron Maiden", " Lamb of God" , and others, he slags them all off, reserving his vitriolic best for Ministry," Good Riddance"! and then plumps for his awesome band he likes, which is.........Devo!
I like them myself, have all their stuff, but it's unexpected choice for our hero of mayhem.
The track Unlistenable then leads to a cover version of Devo's Gates of Steel.
Worth checking out Unlistenable, but it is nearly.....unlistenable.

TheSowIsMine

What an excellent day for an exorcism
VIP
This is one of my favourite Ministry songs.
This whole soundtrack is pretty awesome.

michaellevenson

Ministry were originally finished with their Last Sucker album, but then returned, and supposedly finished with the album From Beer To Eternity, but thankfully Al has changed his mind again and they'll be back in March with a new album AmeriKKKa.
From the album Relapse;