Spoilers Please recommend Korean Action Drama

clayton-12

Member: Rank 4
Having only watched half the first episode I can't vouch for the entire series, but based on what I saw and multiple third party recommendations, I think Descendants of the Sun will fit the bill.

plsletitrain

Member: Rank 5
I heard Goblin (2017) is great but I haven't watched it yet. Its next on my to-watch list.

I have just seen Descendants of the Sun and its great. I made a review of it on the Asia board at IMDb. Its action and drama filled. He will probably like it.

plsletitrain

Elanor, I think I'm giving Goblin (2016) a pass. I watched the first 40 minutes and it felt too long for me, and I don't think I can finish the entire 16 episodes of it. It did have some fantastical elements in it, with a mixture of a period drama. That is not really my forte probably that's why I never got hooked with Jumong or Jewel in the Palace. I'll look for something else to watch and post my review on Daniel's Dorama thread.

plsletitrain

@elanor
I'm watching Moonlight Drawn by Clouds now but I don't think your son will like it. I seriously need a pillow or a hard wood to bite on. I can't contain this, I've been crying and getting all the butterflies in the stomach.

elanor

Member: Rank 3
I seriously need a pillow or a hard wood to bite on. I can't contain this, I've been crying and getting all the butterflies in the stomach.
Erm, I don't understand. Is Moonlight Drawn by Clouds so good? I thought first "so bad", but "butterflies in the stomach" sounds as if it is emotionally very touching for you.

plsletitrain

Erm, I don't understand. Is Moonlight Drawn by Clouds so good? I thought first "so bad", but "butterflies in the stomach" sounds as if it is emotionally very touching for you.
I find it good elanor. (Seeing as we have this space for some girl talk) I don't know when's the last time I cried so much over a drama. As in, literal tears-falling cried. The series has been so overwhelming for me that I have honestly put off some other important things I usually do everyday. If I could put off my work for later, I would. It is THAT good for me. I think it has something to do with the likeability of the characters-and of course the actors in the series. I can't sleep at night thinking what's gonna happen next. If I didn't have a small toddler to take care of at night, I'll stay up whole night to finish this. And its so hard to contain the tears when you're at work, facing clients and all. Just yesterday, I was crying over at episode 15/16 I think (I'm now almost done) when a client walked in and I'm like *awkward look while hurriedly wiping tears and not looking while trying to avoid the client at eye contact because its so embarrassing*

elanor

I find it good elanor. ... I was crying over at episode 15/16 I think (I'm now almost done) when a client walked in and I'm like *awkward look while hurriedly wiping tears and not looking while trying to avoid the client at eye contact because its so embarrassing*
Wow. So good you watch it in your office! I made a bookmark at Gooddrama to check it out.

I myself don't like series where I have to cry a lot. For me some tears are quite enough (as for instance in Personal Taste). I prefer series which induce me to smile. It's hard to make me laugh, so I cherish such films especially high, which achieve a LOL from me (as Personal Taste, which belongs to MY favourite series).

elanor

If I didn't have a small toddler to take care of at night, I'll stay up whole night to finish this.
All the best for you and your toddler! Savour the time with the child. They grow so fast. And their problems grow with them, at least in my experience. For me the best time was the baby time, as it was predominantly harrowing for my body. Later the child's emotional problems became hard on my soul, which affects me more.

plsletitrain

@elanor

Thank you for your well wishes. Same goes for you and your children. :) Yeah, watching him sleep I could smell and hear his breathing makes me realize the real meaning of why I'm alive. Sounds cliche-ish but its true.

I am done with the series now elanor. I will post my review next week as I'm still busy with work (work= stalking Park Bo Gum and ogling at his pics and videos all day).

plsletitrain

@sitenoise
And your emoticon is cute! I wonder why I didn't have that IMDb crying emoticon on my files now. I must've forgotten to include it the list.

Yes I think PBG was good there, even if I haven't seen Coin Locker Girl yet. lol I'll watch that soon. I can see in his eyes his passion for success. I wish the young guy more success! I love him. He's such a sweetheart and seems down-to-earth too.