Review Procedural question about the pilot

Brimfin

Member: Rank 3
The pilot is a 2-hour episode. I'm guessing this will be treated as one episode, but just wanted to make sure.
(Just to clarify: I meant 2 hours with commercials. The pilot itself is 93 min per Netflix)

Last edited:

Cloister56

Hmm interesting this raises a question for me, my pilot is about an hour and a half.
It appears there are 2 pilots. A broadcast version (94 min) and an International version (116 min).
Now looking on wikipedia it seems the longer version is only different in the last few scenes and the killer is revealed.
I would prefer not to know the killer, unless that's the point of the series.
As for watching it, I would go for it as one episode.

Cloister56

From looking around on a few forums and reddits where this question has been asked, most seem to suggest watching the broadcast pilot the first time through as the international does spoil some things.

Bob Peters 61

Member: Rank 2
Hmm interesting this raises a question for me, my pilot is about an hour and a half.
It appears there are 2 pilots. A broadcast version (94 min) and an International version (116 min).
Now looking on wikipedia it seems the longer version is only different in the last few scenes and the killer is revealed.
I would prefer not to know the killer, unless that's the point of the series.
As for watching it, I would go for it as one episode.
That's weird. If the series is a whodunnit, then why would they even consider making an alternate pilot that gives away who done it? Talk about a spoiler!

Cloister56

That's weird. If the series is a whodunnit, then why would they even consider making an alternate pilot that gives away who done it? Talk about a spoiler!
It does seem strange. Apparently it is made up of stuff which got used later on anyway.
Perhaps it only makes the killer more obvious to someone who has already watched it.
I don't really want to go hunting for more info or I will read something like "And then X the Killer"

TheSowIsMine

What an excellent day for an exorcism
VIP
the international version was made incase the pilot wasn't a success and they could still make money selling it as a tv movie to Europe.
They filmed 20 minutes of extra footage for that. There was one scene they really liked, so they used that later on in the show.
But the international pilot is not canon.

Mad-Pac

Member: Rank 5
The pilot is a 2-hour episode. I'm guessing this will be treated as one episode, but just wanted to make sure.
(Just to clarify: I meant 2 hours with commercials. The pilot itself is 93 min per Netflix)
One episode. We've already tried dividing the pilot, and it never worked. People would watch the whole thing and run out of things to say about the second half the following week.