Review Tarzan (1966)

michaellevenson

Member: Rank 8
For me Ron Ely was Tarzan . I loved this show as a kid. Just started watching again and it's so well made it's incredible. Got the DVDs on line and enjoying them immensely.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Tarzan is a series that aired on NBC from 19661968. The series portrayed Tarzan (played by Ron Ely) as a well-educated character who had grown tired of civilization, and returned to the jungle where he had been raised.[1] It was filmed in Brazil. The production later relocated to Mexico. This series was set in the newly-independent Africa of the time.

This series retained many of the trappings of the film series, included the "Tarzan yell" and Cheeta, but excluded Jane as part of the "new look" for the fabled apeman that executive producer Sy Weintraub had introduced in previous motion pictures starring Gordon Scott, Jock Mahoney, and Mike Henry. CBS aired repeat episodes of the program during the summer of 1969.

Cast
Recurring Appearances

Maurice Evans had a recurring guest-starring role as retired Brigadier Sir Basil Bertram, hero of the Battle of the Bulge. Julie Harris had a recurring guest-starring role as missionary Charity Jones. Chips Rafferty had a recurring guest-starring role as Dutch Jensen

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
A great show. Johnny Weismuller, I always regarded as the definitive Tarzan, but Ron Ely ran him a close second i.m.o.