Review The Baron (1967)

michaellevenson

Member: Rank 8
This is a oft forgotten ITC series. Dwarfed of course by other ITC classics but not bad nevertheless. Steve Forrest plays John Mannering, an American cattle baron hence his nickname, but spends his time involved in the dodgy world of art deals, tracking pieces of art, breaking smuggling rings and recovering lost treasures.
The character based on the literary works of John Creasy is a sort of British Intelligence community go to man concerning art.
It's not bad , worth watching if you like ITC classics, there's thirty episodes to watch from these halcyon days.

Amyghost

Member: Rank 3
Wild. I've never heard of this one, but the title sequence alone hooked me, so I suppose I'm going to have to look it up--thanks for shooting another weekend, lol!

michaellevenson

Member: Rank 8
Yes , when I first came across this show it was a delight to realise that I had NOT watched my last ITC episode anew and I had thirty more.
There's a few duffers, but mostly good.
Sue Lloyd is in 23 episodes as Mannering's contact with MI5 or 6, and also helps out in his antique shop. She was in the Randall and Hopkirk episode Money To Burn as Randall's lawyer.
Colin Gordon, who appeared in two episodes of The Prisoner,no.2 in AB and C and The General appears in 6 episodes as Templeton -Green, a British Intelligence high ranking officer giving Mannering jobs that hopefully will pique his interest.
Appearances also from, Bernard Lee, Peter Bowles,Geoffrey Palmer, John Abineri, Peter Wyngarde, Sylvia Sims, Jane Merrow ......and more.

Amyghost

Member: Rank 3
The guest cast list sounds like reason enough alone to watch--especially Palmer and Bowles, two actors whose work I've always enjoyed. And Peter Wyngarde!