chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
Tennant really did have a love for the show, and it showed in his performance. You never got the feeling that he was phoning it in. He was having fun with it, and even when the writing wasn't great, he sold it and made you love it.

duzit

Member: Rank 6
I'm a fan of DT from his DW days, he's the reason I watched DW and after he left the show, so did I. But, I have followed his career and some of his other works.
- Jessica Jones, without spoiling to much, let's say he alone could play Kilgrave.
- Broadchurch, he plays Detective Inspector Alec Hardy trying to find who killed an 11 year old boy.
- The Spies of Warsaw, put on by the BBC this takes place as the drums of World War II begin to beat throughout Europe, aristocratic war hero Col. Jean-Francois Mercier gets caught up in a passionate love affair with a Parisian lawyer with the League of Nations. And again he nails the portrayal.
- Casanova, the title says it all. He was a youngen when he did this, but what wonderful eye candy!!!
I'm hooked and enjoy whatever he chooses to do, I will be front & center watching...:emoji_purple_heart:

chainsaw_metal1

As I've said before, I had no idea who he was when he was cast on DW. I looked him up and realized he had been in Goblet of Fire, so I re-watched it, and remembered that I had loved his performance. I figured he could do the role of The Doctor justice. And I was correct. I loved him in the role.

- Jessica Jones, without spoiling to much, let's say he alone could play Kilgrave.
- Broadchurch, he plays Detective Inspector Alec Hardy trying to find who killed an 11 year old boy.
- The Spies of Warsaw, put on by the BBC this takes place as the drums of World War II begin to beat throughout Europe, aristocratic war hero Col. Jean-Francois Mercier gets caught up in a passionate love affair with a Parisian lawyer with the League of Nations. And again he nails the portrayal.
- Casanova, the title says it all. He was a youngen when he did this, but what wonderful eye candy!!!
He was Kilgrave! Oh my, he was so good! I also loved him in Spies of Warsaw. I haven't watched all of Broadchurch, but what I did see, he was incredible in. Still haven't watched Casanova.

duzit

@chainsaw_metal1
I forgot I also saw him in "The Decoy Bride" a comedy with him playing the indecisive groom.
I also forgot that quick appearance in HP. That was after DW & I thought he did it to keep himself
visible to the public.
One that I have to watch is a BBC series "Extras", looks like it could be a comedy. Also "W1A",
another BBC series. There are 3 animal documentaries that I may check out, just to hear his voice.
I really liked him in JJ. The role was made for his quirky performance. The only other that might have done well with it is Johnny Depp. Check DT on Wikipedia, he has a large collection of achievements.

chainsaw_metal1

Extras is really funny, what I've seen of it. But again, I'm a huge Gervais fan, so I may be biased. One of the streaming sites had The Decoy Bride, and I meant to watch it, but never got around to it. Someday...

duzit

Yes, I've been told that, but I just couldn't welcome the "new" Dr. He just felt wrong. He is now in the Netflix production of "The Crown", he plays the Queens husband. And I don't like him in this either. I can't get that warm fuzzy feeling about him...

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
I thought that Jacobi was wonderful and lovable as Yana, and possibly the most evil representation of the Master before or since, once he had changed. The eyes said so much in those few seconds..;

duzit

Don Juan in Soho review – David Tennant dazzles as a desolate hedonist.

Wyndham’s theatre, London

Tennant brings a beguiling, fleet-footed charm to Molière’s libertine, reinvented as DJ in Patrick Marber’s subversive update.

David Tennant stars as the rutting rake in Patrick Marber’s sprightly update of Molière’s comic morality play.

It is Tennant’s performance that gives the play a disturbing ambivalence. He skips nimbly from one seduction to the next. He is whimsically comic: recalling a urinal encounter with a rival, he mimetically contrasts the relative size of their organs. Having rescued his brother-in-law from vicious thugs, he pirouettes across the stage with balletic glee before raising two fingers to his own attacker. Tennant’s real skill lies in suggesting that DJ is a priapic Peter Pan: a man-boy sadly incapable of love, as shown by his blank stare when Stan declares his undying devotion. Tennant gives us a memorable portrayal of the desolation of hedonism.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
For those that have not seen this............

Non-fans of "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" should proceed no further! :emoji_astonished:

duzit

Thanks Chainsaw, I certainly enjoyed seeing those tidbits of my favorite Doctor.
Especially since the Doctor Who series is not available to me.
Now I can watch this video whenever I need a 10th Doctor fix◆◆◆:emoji_kiss: