Review The Feathered Serpent starring Patrick Troughton-s02e01

Discussion in 'TV: Reviews' started by michaellevenson, Sep 12, 2018.

1. michaellevenson

michaellevenson Member: Rank 8

Empress Chimalma is about to marry Prince Heumac of the Toltecs. However, Xepec, Governor of the Gold Region, challenges the match,and Heumac is forced to face the perils of the stone cage to prove himself worthy of the title of Emperor. Keelag, a mad recluse is chose to embalm the body of Nasca. Is this the end of the reign of terror?
    Previous episode;
    https://www.imdforums.com/threads/the-feathered-serpent-starring-patrick-troughton-s01e06.5450/
    Next episode;
    https://www.imdforums.com/threads/the-feathered-serpent-starring-patrick-troughton-s02e02.5452/

#1 michaellevenson, Sep 12, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
  2. michaellevenson

Chimalma addresses the council and expresses her desire to marry Heumac as was her father's wish.
    The leader of the council , Mataque says that if Heumac can forgive the injustices done to his people by Nasca, and still wish to be our leader, then he is a greater man than the people deserve to lead them, and the council agree to the marriage.
    Lord Xipec of the gold coast introduces himself to Chimalma, and says he was sent by Nasca to pick up slaves, Toltecs, but on arrival has discovered Teshcata has been overthrown and Qala is now worshipped again, and worse, Heumac who was to be a slave in the mines is now to be emperor.
    Chimalma" you do not know of the evil Nasca perpetrated Xipec"
    Xp " that does not invalidate a religion Empress , Teshcata showed us how to be strong. Will we now just become a province of the Toltec empire?"
    Heumac enters the throne room, Otolmi as well.
    Ot " if Heumac is to be our emperor, he must prove his worth, he must survive the stone cage"
    H " I will undertake any test your traditions demand of me"
    Ot " first, the body of Nasca is in the street, left for the carrion to feast, it must be disposed of properly"
    Ch " I gave orders the body must be burnt, why has this not been done?"
    Ot " soldiers are afraid to carry out such a task. They believe Nasca had special powers"
    Xipec. " I will deal with it empress"
    Xipec has two soldiers carry Nasca's body off the street into a private courtyard of the palace, Shadak's body also.
    Xp " take Shadak first , burn it"
    One soldier carries Shadak away. Xipec turns to the other soldier, and stabs him to death.
    Xipec drags Nasca's body out of sight, and swaps the dead soldier's corpse for Nasca 's .
    The first soldier returns,
    Xp " take Nasca away, burn it, but don't look in his eyes, it is said Nasca could turn a man to stone just with a gaze"
    The soldier picks up the body wrapped in cloth, believing it to be Nasca.
    Xipec carries Nasca to a filthy hovel in the city. Foul smelling rank flesh touches Xipec's senses " who can live in such foulness?"
    In the hovel is an old hag, Keelag, she is clutching a dead child, putrefying flesh hanging from a skeleton. She clutches it in a grotesque parody of motherhood. Her child ,dead, has driven her almost insane.
    Keelag. " what do you want?"
    Xp."there is a whisper far away in the gold coast that you can perform any deed however foul for a price"
    K " what do you want me to do?"
    Xp " a man is outside, dead, I want his body repaired and anointed for burial"
    Nasca is carried in , Keelag recognises him.
    K " he has used my services many times. Come back at midnight, he will be ready for you"
    Heumac is with Otolmi, suddenly a young man enters the temple of Teshcata.
    Leemu " Otolmi it is I, Leemu, forgive me "
    H " who is this?"
    Ot " my servant in the temple of Qala"
    L " when we were banished by Nasca, I fled, I hid my robes and mask of office, too frightened to stand up for Qala,forgive me Otolmi,I wish to serve you again"
    Ot " you can Leemu, we will rebuild the temple of Qala here in Teshcata 's temple, that way the people will know Teshcata can never return"
    In Keelag's hovel ,Xipec returns at midnight.
    K " did you love Nasca?"
    Xp " he tried to show us how we could be strong through conquest, for that he deserves a decent burial and respect"
    K." Look behind you"
    Nasca is standing at the doorway alive!
    Nasca. " Lord Xipec, I live!"

#2 michaellevenson, Dec 18, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
  3. michaellevenson

Additional cast for series 2
    Granville Saxton is Xipec.
    WP_20181218_19_10_03_Pro.jpg

4. michaellevenson

Sheila Burrell is Keelag, here clutching mummified child corpse.
    WP_20181218_19_12_24_Pro.jpg

5. michaellevenson

Robert Russell is Mataque.
    WP_20181218_19_10_36_Pro.jpg

6. michaellevenson

Michael Jenkinson is Leemu.
    WP_20181218_23_35_04_Pro.jpg