Review The Feathered Serpent starring Patrick Troughton-s02e05

Discussion in 'TV: Reviews' started by michaellevenson, Sep 12, 2018.

1. michaellevenson

michaellevenson Member: Rank 7

Mataque reports to Chimalma,
    M " we have 300 cases of the madness Empress."
    Heumac" is Tozo among the dead?"
    M " no Lord, I fear he may have been kidnapped by Xipec"
    Chimalma. " why do you think that?"
    M " as Xipec's party began their march I noticed a boy among the slaves, head covered by a hood, I thought nothing about it at the time, but now....maybe it was Tozo"
    H " Xipec is expecting reinforcements, I shall lead my men to his palace and learn the truth"
    In the temple Nasca is rubbing Keelag 's ointment on Otolmi's chest and throat. Otolmi is deeply under a hypnosis.
    N " listen Otolmi you will go to the temple and tell the people of your disgust for them , that Qala has sent the madness to punish them"
    Otolmi enters the throne room and says just that. Nasca is with him disguised as Leemu.
    Heumac. " Otolmi you've changed, have you no love for the people"
    Ot " change is the prerogative of superiors, only inferiors never change"
    Chimalma. " Otolmi how dare you. I wanted your advice. We believe Xipec may have kidnapped Tozo"
    Ot " I can't be involved in your petty affairs"
    H." It is not petty, Tozo's life may be in danger. I was hoping you could write a letter for Xipec , asking about this matter, I do not want to offend him with false accusations, but a priest can say much that I dare not"
    Nasca whispers to Otolmi,
    N." Relent, I want that letter sent"
    Ot " very well Prince Heumac. Send Mataque to the temple I will give him the letter for you"
    More

#2 michaellevenson, Dec 20, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  2. michaellevenson

In the temple, Nasca to the hypnotized Otolmi,
    N " when Mataque comes remember to say exactly as I told you, and about the dream"
    Mataque enters,
    Ot " here is the letter for Lord Xipec, it is for his eyes only. And Mataque I have had a dream , when Heumac leaves for the gold region Chimalma will be vulnerable, fanatic followers of Nasca may use this period to try and assassinate her, best if you dismiss the guards and keep watch yourself"
    M." very well Otolmi it shall be done"
    When Mataque has gone,
    N " Heumac will avoid the plague of madness, but Mataque will be the first victim in the palace to get it, I will give him wine containing Keelag's poison"
    That night Nasca ( as Leemu) comes to Mataque guarding the sleeping empress.
    N " how goes the vigil Mataque?, I bring you wine"
    Mataque drinks the wine,
    M " tiring Leemu"
    N " allow me to help. I have soothing ointment to rub into your muscles, it will make you refreshed"
    Nasca rubs Keelag's ointment in, the vapours slowly put Mataque under in a trance.
    N " listen Mataque, the plague of madness was caused by Chimalma, she poisoned the wells. Pick up your sword Mataque, enter her chamber and kill her, Qala orders it, understand?"
    M " yes, must kill Chimalma"
    Mataque moves in for the kill.
    More

#3 michaellevenson, Dec 20, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
  3. michaellevenson

Mataque finds Chimalma awake.
    Ch " Mataque was is it?"
    M." You are the cause of the madness. You must die."
    He swings his sword, Chimalma cries for help, Mataque screams and foams at mouth, the sword misses as Chimalma runs out the chamber.
    Ch " guards guards, Mataque has the madness"
    Guards run to her aid.
    Ch " please Mataque you are ill put the sword down"
    He attacks the guards, Chimalma turns away in tears as Mataque is chopped down and dies.
    Chimalma enters the temple, Otolmi is meditating, Nasca stands by,
    Ch " Leemu, Mataque has tried to kill me, the madness has reached the palace"
    Nasca alters his voice to sound like Leemu " my master cannot answer he is in trance"
    Nasca removes a cloth from the altar. The silver serpent statuette is there, it starts revolving on its dais.
    Light is played over Chimalma as she goes into trance.
    Nasca removes his gold mask.
    N " see what I say, I am Otolmi, I am Otolmi"
    Ch " you are Otolmi"
    N" why did Mataque want to kill you"
    Ch " he said I was responsible for the madness"
    N." Qala spoke through Mataque, you are responsible Chimalma"
    Ch " NO NO"
    N" YES CHIMALMA!! I Otolmi am in communion with Qala, you must sacrifice your life, so your people can be free of the madness, understand?"
    Ch " yes I must die"
    Nasca covers the serpent statuette, Chimalma awakes and leaves.
    More

#4 michaellevenson, Dec 20, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
  4. michaellevenson

Heumac has arrived at Xipec's palace, as they talk, Tozo is still staked out on the roof, in a bad way, no water for three days now. It is now dark, so some respite from the burning sun. Next to Tozo is a small oil lamp, lighting the roof, Tozo with one last bit of strength can just reach the lamp that Xipec placed on the rooftop when last he questioned Tozo.
    He pulls the lamp to him and tips it over, the candle burning the rope that ties his left hand.
    Heumac hands Xipec the scroll that Otolmi wrote. But truth is Nasca wrote it. Xipec reads it.
    Xp " it says here that the madness will soon claim Chimalma and Mataque, Qala is to be blessed for ridding the land of evil"
    H" lies Xipec, Otolmi would never write that"
    Xp " he goes on, Heumac is to be executed and I am to march to the city and proclaim myself emperor. Guards seize him"
    H " is this how you serve your Empress, traitor"
    Xp " I merely follow Otolmi's words"
    Heumac is captured, forced to kneel.
    Xp " well we might as well carry out the execution now"
    Heumac is about to have his head chopped off when Tozo runs in, in the confusion Heumac frees himself, grabs a sword and puts it to Xipec's throat.
    Tozo. " my Lord , I have seen Nasca still alive"
    Xp " you won't get out of the gold region alive, I have reinforcements arriving"
    H " sorry Xipec, those men are Toltecs, my men. We are returning to the city, and if Chimalma has been harmed, then Qala will make you pay"
    More

#5 michaellevenson, Dec 20, 2018
  5. michaellevenson

Chimalma enters her chamber, it is to be walled up, slowly killing her.
    Otolmi and Nasca disguised are there., along with the council.
    Ch " I do this to free my people of the madness."
    Everyone leaves, Chimalma rests on a bed of flowers and waits for death.
    Later all but one of the stones are laid, the room almost sealed.
    Nasca to stonemasons,
    N " go, Otolmi and I will put the last one in place"
    The two men leave, Otolmi standing helpless as Nasca removes his mask and peers in through the gap in the wall.
    N." Chimalma, Nasca calling"
    Chimalma to herself " no Nasca is dead, imagination"
    N." Look toward the door Chimalma"
    She sees Nasca's smiling face
    Ch " Nasca?!"
    N " I engineered your downfall Chimalma. I Nasca, dead but not buried, and you BURIED ALIVE!"
    Nasca puts the last stone in place.
    Chimalma runs over to the wall, too late, she claws at the stone.
    Ch " NASCA LET ME OUT"

#6 michaellevenson, Dec 20, 2018