Review The Golden Girls (1985)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
golden-girls-group-h-getty-gty-jc-180726_hpMain_16x9_992.jpg

Your thoughts on this show.....

Four previously married women live together in Miami, sharing their various experiences together and enjoying themselves despite hard times.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
“Golden Girls” Cereal Sells Big On eBay

golden-girls-cereal-sells-big-on-ebay-696x464.jpg

Nearly thirty years after the show wrapped, NBC’s “The Golden Girls” is making headlines again as fan demand for a recently launched tie-in breakfast cereal has been so high that boxes are selling on eBay for up to $100.

Sold exclusively from Target starting four weeks ago, and selling out quickly, the blue-hued loops cereal contained collectable Funko Golden Girls vinyl figures. As a result, two additional flavours of cereal will be launched soon with new figures based on the sitcom’s quartet of characters played by Bea Arthur, Betty White, Rue McClanahan and Estelle Getty.

Funko is also launching The Golden Girls as Pez dispensers next month and a rep tells Deadline that the show’s fanbase, which includes “Black Panther” star Winston Duke and “Deadpool” himself Ryan Reynolds, remains diverse and passionate so the eBay reselling was expected: “I’m not really surprised. A few years back we did Golden Girls pop figures and action figures, too. They did insanely well. So we knew doing the cereal and our upcoming Pez makes a ton of sense.”

The Seeker

Member: Rank 6
I loved that show. I watched it every Saturday night. I don’t watch the reruns so much anymore, though, because I’ve seen all the episodes several times.