Review The Lego Batman Movie (2017)

Lucas

Member: Rank 4

Directed by: Chris McKay
Written by: Seth Grahame-Smith, Chris McKenna and Erik Sommers

Bruce Wayne must not only deal with the criminals of Gotham City, but also the responsibility of raising a boy he adopted.

The Rottentomatoes score has begun and it's about as positive as we could've hoped for!

Initial Score

Average Rating: 8.1/10
Reviews Counted: 7
Fresh: 7
Rotten: 0

First Rotten

Average Rating: 7.7/10
Reviews Counted: 9
Fresh: 8
Rotten: 1

Second Rotten

Reviews Counted: 57
Fresh: 55
Rotten: 2

Certified Fresh

Average Rating: 7.8/10
Reviews Counted: 83
Fresh: 81

Third Rotten

Reviews Counted: 86
Fresh: 83
Rotten: 3

Currently

94%

Reviews Counted: 101
Fresh: 95
Rotten: 6
Critics Consensus: The Lego Batman Movie continues its block-buster franchise's winning streak with another round of dizzyingly funny -- and beautifully animated -- family-friendly mayhem.

MetaScore

Reviews Counted: 34

Last edited:

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Is that the film where...
Batman and Superman swap identities before entering the building to confront their foe, so that the kryptonite doesn't kill Superman and Batman doesn't get crushed to death under that heavy weight
...or am I confusing it with another film?

Last edited:

Lucas

It randomly appears one of the rotten reviews has either been removed or changed to a fresh score. It may be a mistake but until it's fixed the percentage is at a whopping 96% now.

Lucas

Yeah it's not changing back yet so we can only assume the movie has yet to actually receive it's second rotten review. So boom, 96%.

Lucas

Have you actually seen it?
Me seeing it is not the same as saying it's a hit across the board. I'll be seeing it in 5 days so we'll see what I think.

96%

Average Rating: 7.6/10
Reviews Counted: 27
Fresh: 26

MetaScore

Reviews Counted: 13

Lucas

97%

Reviews Counted: 29
Fresh: 28

The movie has now climbed up to 97% so I'd expect at least one rotten to come in very soon.

Lucas

Two more reviews on both sites added and the only change is the MetaScore went down one point.

97%

Reviews Counted: 31
Fresh: 30

MetaScore

Reviews Counted: 15

Lucas

The movie just had a massive increase in reviews on MetaCritic and the score did nothing but help the movie getting bumped up to 76/100.

98%

Reviews Counted: 44
Fresh: 43

MetaScore

Reviews Counted: 21

Lucas

98%

Reviews Counted: 54
Fresh: 53
Critics Consensus: The Lego Batman Movie continues its block-buster franchise's winning streak with another round of dizzyingly funny -- and beautifully animated -- family-friendly mayhem.

MetaScore

Reviews Counted: 22

Lucas

We now have our actual second rotten for the movie and we're back down to 96%.

Currently

96%

Reviews Counted: 57
Fresh: 55

MetaScore

Reviews Counted: 25

Lucas

Currently
97%

Reviews Counted: 65
Fresh: 63

MetaScore

Reviews Counted: 26