Thriller s06e02 The Next Victim

michaellevenson

Member: Rank 8
6.2 The Next Victim
MV5BMjIzNTgyMjgtMGMwYy00N2UyLWE2NmUtMDBjZjEzZWI5ZjIzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDcwODI0Ng@@._V1_FMjpg_UX7...jpg

A killer is on the loose in London, a strangler who kills women. Police Officers Insp. Frampton and Detective Small are on the case. They believe he will strike again. Frampton is worried, not only does he kill the women, but has enough energy pent up inside him to then wreck the apartments of the victim, a psychopath.
MV5BMDYzZWZkZDYtODE0ZS00NzNkLTg0ZDYtYTg3YzA5MjZiZjRiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDcwODI0Ng@@._V1_FMjpg_UX7...jpg
Meanwhile Sandy Marshall and husband Derek live in a luxury apartment block, she is confined to a wheelchair after a car accident. It's Bank Holiday weekend and also a sweltering heatwave is hitting London and most of the residents of the block have left for the coast. Derek has to leave Sandy for a day on a business meeting with a Libyan client, an Important meeting, and promises to return to Sandy as soon as possible, but this meeting is really important, he even has bought a bottle of expensive wine as a sweetener for the guy to smooth the meeting. It's only after Derek has gone that Sandy realises that Derek may have made an error, the Libyan might be a Muslim and not drink.
MV5BYmFkOTI4ZjYtYWViOS00M2FlLWE5YmEtZDhkNzcyNDZkNDJjL2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDQ3NTQwMg...jpg
Meanwhile the killer strikes again, two women murdered together in their flat, the strangler is seen wearing blue jeans and trainers.
But he attempts a third but this girl ran from him out of her apartment.
MV5BNWIyNTQ0NjctNDA2MC00ZDFmLWI0ZDEtYjRhNzdjOWI4MzlhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjc0ODQ0NzM@._V1_FMjpg_UX1...jpg
She tells the police that the attacker muttered something about his mother.
Frampton and Small start to go through the files to see if anyone with a mother fixation is on record as an attacker of women.

Sandy gets a visit from Betty a resident on a lower floor, and promises to pop up for a drink after she has a shower.
The doorbell of Sandy's apartment rings, it's the postman with a special delivery, Sandy let's him in and the guy enters the block, he is wearing blue jeans and trainers.
He then proceeds to walk down the corridors knocking on doors looking for his next victim. Betty is at her door, she spins round and screams as a man pushes his way in. Who he is we cannot see, but is wearing blue jeans and trainers as was the so called postman.
MV5BODczMzZlZjYtMDhiNi00MGU1LWJhODItNTNlNjMxMjU3Mjg0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDcwODI0Ng@@._V1_FMjpg_UX7...jpg
Sandy is puzzled the postman hasn't arrived at her flat, and realises it's a holiday so why should the postman be calling. Very worried she tries to phone the police but the phone isn't working.
She wheels herself into the lift and down to Betty's.
Sandy knocks on her door and is agitated that she can't get a response. Betty is dead on the floor of her apartment.
Sandy, " BETTY ! BETTY!"
Suddenly a young man turns up and introduces himself as Tom Packer, a new resident wondering why Sandy was shouting.
Sandy, " it's my friend Betty, she doesn't answer."
Tom, " perhaps she's gone out."
Sandy, " no her car is still outside and she said she was popping up to see me. I know this is going to sound foolish, but I let someone into the building, a postman and he hasn't turned up, and erm..well this business with the strangler."
Tom laughs,"oh right! The strangler, you've nothing to worry about, the postman I saw seemed quite normal."
Sandy," you saw him?"
Tom," yes upstairs on the 6th floor."
Sandy, "but he rang me."
Tom, " oh that's an old trick, they put a big hand on all the buttons and first to answer let's them in, it's just a technique to get access, and the guy left, and Betty probably has gone out too."

Last edited:

michaellevenson

Member: Rank 8
Tom wheels her back to her apartment and they have a nice chat.
MV5BOTk5YThjNmItZjRhYy00ODJjLWI4NjQtY2YzMGY3N2YwMDc0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDcwODI0Ng@@._V1_FMjpg_UX7...jpg

Tom tells her he is an old hand at using a wheelchair, his mother was confined to one in the last years of her life.
Tom," I miss her, I hadn't thought about her recently, but you remind me of her, I hope it's not a life sentence ?"
Sandy, " oh no, I should be out of this chair within 6 months the doctors say."
Sandy reveals she is wheelchair bound when she crashed her new sports car after the brakes failed.
Tom ," how could that happen to a new car. It was okay when you drove it back from the showroom?"
Sandy, " well actually Derek my husband drove it."
Tom," I see a present?"
Sandy, " well no, Derek is in insurance doing very well, but it doesn't quite stretch to sports cars."
Tom, " and as you have some of your own money you decided to treat yourself?"
Sandy, " yes"
Tom, "lucky girl, and it was okay when Derek drove it back, strange. Derek wasn't in it when you crashed?"
Sandy," no he had to go out on business, so he gave me the keys and said, here's your new toy."
download.jpeg
Tom," and you couldn't wait to drive it, still I've never heard of brakes failing like that not on an expensive car."
Sandy, " just unlucky I guess "
Tom," Derek, insurance is an interesting career, you get to know all the fiddles what to do, what not to do, all the scams."
Sandy, " scams?"
Tom, " you know, to defraud companies. Buildings that burn down just as the fire insurance is close to running out, just before the firm goes bankrupt, or burglaries that are convenient. Yes if you're smart you can really clean up. I bet your life is insured for a big sum. Oh sorry none of my business "
Tom seems a nice guy until he blurts out, " I bet you've got nice legs! Oh I'm sorry, that's my problem, always saying things without thinking."
Sandy, " no it's okay, I'm flattered, I did do some modelling, would you like to see some photos?"
Tom, " oh yes please "
Sandy goes to a bureau and pulls out a photo album and hands them to Tom.
Sandy, "they're not very good."
Tom looks at pictures, " not good? They're fantastic."
Sandy at bureau opens a ledger, listing the residents of the block, " you're on the 6th floor Mr Packer?"
Tom," yes that's right."
Sandy checks, no Tom Packer is listed.
Sandy desperately needs Packer out of her apartment.
Sandy, " Mr Packer I know I'm being silly, but could you check again on Betty, I really am very worried."
Tom," yes, okay, er..I'll be back."
Reluctantly Tom leaves, Sandy quickly locks door.

Meanwhile Police officers Frampton and Small have found a case history of a violent offender now free, who attacked a nurse while talking about his mother. This could be the man. Further investigation at the suspect's flat reveals he is a TV repair man ,and the last two customers were living in the block of the two murdered women. The man is Tom Packer.
MV5BMWMwNDQwNzMtNGY5ZS00ZjhjLTg0MmQtMGFkZWJjNDFlMTYyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDcwODI0Ng@@._V1_UY200_CR3...jpg
Packer returns to Sandy , sees the locked door , " MRS MARSHALL...MRS MARSHALL." He breaks down door and runs in.
Tom," why didn't you answer me, (shouts) ARE YOU MENTAL !?"
Sandy backs away scared, Tom seems to be losing control, then calms down.
Tom," do you want a drink? Let me get you one, I'll join you."
While at the drink cabinet he notices something odd, the telephone wires into the apartment have been cut.
Tom, " Mrs Marshall....your phone it's.."
But before he tells Sandy this she smashes a heavy ornament on his head.
She desperately wheels out of the flat to the lift, but the lift isn't there and Packer is staggering out of the apartment, head bleeding and coming towards her. Sandy goes through a door to the stairs, she has no option, she tips her chair over and slides out, and crawls in agony down the stairs, one stair at a time as Packer follows her, head bleeding and staggering slowly after her.
nextvictim29.jpg
Tom, " MRS MARSHALL... COME BACK....MRS MARSHALL."
MV5BOTllYzI4MGUtODcwOS00MjIwLTlkOTAtNzQ2YmQ1OTExOTI0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDcwODI0Ng@@._V1_FMjpg_UX7...jpg
Packer sees her down the stairwell a few flights below, he cries out, " MRS MARSHALL I SEE YOU. "
Sandy inching down slowly as Packer gets nearer, suddenly hands grip her throat!! It's Derek saying "now I'll be rid of you, they'll blame it on the strangler...
download.jpeg
....they'll blame it on the strangler."

nextvictim33.jpg

Packer desperately launches himself at Derek, and punches him senseless, then Tom dies, head in Sandy's lap.
Before he dies he says, " I wouldn't have hurt you, not you, you're different, like my mother "
The police arrive just as the excitement is over!

Cast;
Sandy.....Carroll Baker
Frampton.....TP McKenna
Derek....Maurice Kaufmann
Tom Packer....Max Mason
Betty....Brenda Cavendish
On to next episode

Last edited: