Review Twin Peaks: The Return Season 3

TheSowIsMine

What an excellent day for an exorcism
VIP

So, since this now has a franchise board, I thought I make a thread where we can talk about season three.
Or its just me talking to myself about season 3 :)

TheSowIsMine

VIP
After 25 years, they finally found the missing pages.
I'm wondering what evil Cooper might have been doing seeing comatose Audrey. There is a creepy young guy called Richard Horne, so maybe he planted some evil seed.
Good Cooper to the rescue, that was cool.
Diane, I wonder what happened to her.
I just love seeing Gordon and Albert working this case together.
The whole headless body case with Garlands prints, I wonder where that is leading to.

Mad-Pac

Member: Rank 5
Well, we only picked "Twin Peaks" because we didn't consider the "Return" a season 3, but a "Limited Event Series."

TheSowIsMine

VIP
Well, we only picked "Twin Peaks" because we didn't consider the "Return" a season 3, but a "Limited Event Series."
Im not really following what you are saying. I just posted a Season 3 thread in the Twin Peaks boards...

Mad-Pac

Im not really following what you are saying. I just posted a Season 3 thread in the Twin Peaks boards...
I said that we are only going through Twin Peaks episode by episode because we considered the 1990-1991 show as a single one-and-done show. The 2017 version was announced by the producers as a Limited Event Series, not a season 3. At least that's what we considered when we chose it, since we only pick shows that have ended.

TheSowIsMine

VIP
I said that we are only going through Twin Peaks episode by episode because we considered the 1990-1991 show as a single one-and-done show. The 2017 version was announced by the producers as a Limited Event Series, not a season 3. At least that's what we considered when we chose it, since we only pick shows that have ended.
I get that part.
But your comment sounds a bit weird in a discussion thread about season 3. Its fine that you are not watching season 3, but others on this forum are(maybe) and might want to discuss it.

Mad-Pac

I get that part.
But your comment sounds a bit weird in a discussion thread about season 3. Its fine that you are not watching season 3, but others on this forum are(maybe) and might want to discuss it.
It was just a casual comment I made. Not a big deal. It wasn't meant to be a criticism of any kind. I understand there's some controversy about that, as there has been some ambiguity concerning the subject, but it was just our understanding that there was no such thing as a "Season 3" to begin with, so how could you discuss it?.(I checked the Showtime website and they list "Season 1", "Season 2" and "The Return," with no mention of a season 3, and the producers have often referred to it as a "Limited Event Series.") Anyway, I think it's great you guys will be discussing the miniseries as well.

TheSowIsMine

VIP
It was just a casual comment I made. Not a big deal. It wasn't meant to be a criticism of any kind. I understand there's some controversy about that, as there has been some ambiguity concerning the subject, but it was just our understanding that there was no such thing as a "Season 3" to begin with, so how could you discuss it?.(I checked the Showtime website and they list "Season 1", "Season 2" and "The Return," with no mention of a season 3, and the producers have often referred to it as a "Limited Event Series.") Anyway, I think it's great you guys will be discussing the miniseries as well.
Well, ,this is aTwin Peaks franchise board, so everything Twin Peaks related can be discussed here, books, movies, what not.
Anyway, if it's your first time watching the show, it would be smart to stay out if this thread. There will be loads of spoilers.
One more thing, if you ever decide to watch season 3(doesn't have to be for your tv club thing) watch the movie before that.

Mad-Pac

Well, ,this is aTwin Peaks franchise board, so everything Twin Peaks related can be discussed here, books, movies, what not.
Anyway, if it's your first time watching the show, it would be smart to stay out if this thread. There will be loads of spoilers.
One more thing, if you ever decide to watch season 3(doesn't have to be for your tv club thing) watch the movie before that.
I never intended to suggest this was not the right place to talk about the 2017 Limited Series Event. For the record, I think that's precisely the place you should use. And, yes, thanks for the suggestion. I do intend to watch the movies and the miniseries after we're through with the original show.

TheSowIsMine

VIP
I never intended to suggest this was not the right place to talk about the 2017 Limited Series Event. For the record, I think that's precisely the place you should use. And, yes, thanks for the suggestion. I do intend to watch the movies and the miniseries after we're through with the original show.
That comment of mine came across a bit crass, that was not my intention.

Anyway, unlike Chris Carter with his X Files revival, David Lynch actually remembers what he wrote before.

Last edited:

Mad-Pac

That comment of mine came across a bit crass, that was not my intention.

Anyway, unlike Chris Carter with his X Files revival, David Lynch actually remembers what he wrote before.
Don't worry. People often get misunderstood when communicating through short written messages. The best thing is to ask for clarification, or clarify things if we feel necessary.

It's interesting how we're going through an age of revivals, remakes and reboots that tend to blur the line between the concept of "following season" and "miniseries". Off the top of my head I could mention Torchwood + Torchwood:Miracle Day (and an assortment of other complementary Torchwood titles), 24 + 24: Live Another Day + 24: Legacy, Prison Break + Prison Break: The Final Break + Prison Break: Resurrection, Will & Grace and The X-Files.

We have a complete story, it's closed, it's done, it's finished, and then several years later, all of a sudden, the producers decide to milk their property a little longer regardless of everything that was established.

Gary L

Member: Rank 1
Well, episode 8 of season 3 has got to be the weirdest Twin Peaks episode ever.
I suppose it would be. After some thought I surmised that Frost and Lynch wanted to address the origins of the Lodges and their connection to Earth. Ostensibly the first A Bomb test opened the Lodges to Earth. I'm guessing that The Woodsmen are some demons that are unleashed, ostensibly the ghosts of loggers who perished in wildfires, thus the ash covered faces. Also the one who wants a light for his cigarette might be a reference to what caused the fire he and his companions perished in. I noted that Margaret's husband died in a forest fire. she went to the site and cut a log which she carries with her as a totem for her husband's memory. Of course in the US Northwest forest fires are nightmares for the people. Considering that Maj. Briggs set up an observation post near the Twin Peaks portal these woodsmen are responding to it. Mr. C stops at 'The Dutchman's' on his way to Twin Peaks and is aided by these woodsmen. I'm guessing that Maj. Briggs was killed by some woodsmen, as was Ruth Davenport and Bill Hastings.

In the White Lodge The Fireman is well aware of the occurrences, as usual, and does his best to address them, this time with Dep. Andy's help, although he and Mike are also aiding Cooper.

As to the young couple I have read the theory that they are Leland and Sarah Palmer. That would make sense considering their troubled lives subsequently. Poor Sarah is quite vexed considering she has always been privy to 'the horse'. I thought, that could be how and why Leland became possessed by Bob.

Yes, quite a story. I admit my line of thought was inspired by reading Frost's 'Secret History of Twin Peaks'. I can't wait to read his 'Final Dossier'.

Last edited:

Gary L

Member: Rank 1
I read that book before season 3 and I too can't wait for the next book.
I came across this website also, from a Lynch Facebook group. It's actually Bill Hastings and Ruth Davenport's website, the same as mentioned in the show! Interesting, though I haven't really explored the links yet. I have looked at the area mentioned on Google Maps, Spearfish, South Dakota. Haven't seen anything unusual yet. I don't think there is such a place as Buckhorn. Maybe, not sure.
"Welcome to The Search for the Zone. Here you will find writings, links, and other bits and pieces as we find the time and inclination to post them up. This site is a journal of my (and my partner’s) fascination with multidimensional/time travel, dark matter, the afterlife, etc. We are interested in a lot of things, but these are the main topics of discussion…
Yes, just like Doc Hayward’s Skype account, Bill Hastings’ website called The Search for the Zone as mentioned in Twin Peaks Part 9 EXISTS! The domain name was only registered in November 2016, but we’ll play along and assume the Geocities-style online journal (“with occasional contributions from Heinrich Viegel”) has been online since 1997."
http://www.thesearchforthezone.com/

TheSowIsMine

VIP
I came across this website also, from a Lynch Facebook group. It's actually Bill Hastings and Ruth Davenport's website, the same as mentioned in the show! Interesting, though I haven't really explored the links yet. I have looked at the area mentioned on Google Maps, Spearfish, South Dakota. Haven't seen anything unusual yet. I don't think there is such a place as Buckhorn. Maybe, not sure.
"Welcome to The Search for the Zone. Here you will find writings, links, and other bits and pieces as we find the time and inclination to post them up. This site is a journal of my (and my partner’s) fascination with multidimensional/time travel, dark matter, the afterlife, etc. We are interested in a lot of things, but these are the main topics of discussion…
Yes, just like Doc Hayward’s Skype account, Bill Hastings’ website called The Search for the Zone as mentioned in Twin Peaks Part 9 EXISTS! The domain name was only registered in November 2016, but we’ll play along and assume the Geocities-style online journal (“with occasional contributions from Heinrich Viegel”) has been online since 1997."
http://www.thesearchforthezone.com/
Yeah, after the episode I looked at the site, but I didn't give myself the time to explore it. I think is awesome that they made the site.