Review Yesterday (2019)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
ban1.jpg

Untitled Danny Boyle Film

Lily James (“Baby Driver”) is in talks to star in the untitled Danny Boyle musical comedy for Working Title and Universal Pictures. Plot details are unknown and Richard Curtis (“Love Actually”) is penning the script and will produce with Boyle, Tim Bevan, Eric Fellner, Matt Wilkinson and Bernie Bellew. This will likely be Boyle’s next movie and is expected to be done fairly quickly, with Boyle then segueing into directing the next James Bond film.

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Sheeran Talks Danny Boyle’s New Musical

sheeran-talks-danny-boyles-new-musical-696x464.jpg

With Danny Boyle having departed the next James Bond film, the director now appears to be turning attention back to his first musical comedy movie which is in the midst of post-production.

Himesh Patel (“EastEnders”), SNL alum Kate McKinnon and rising “Mamma Mia” actress Lily James lead the cast of the project which also has musician Ed Sheeran playing himself in his first major film role. Now, in a new interview with the Associated Press (via The Playlist), Sheeran has revealed new details about Boyle’s still-untitled project.

Sheeran says Patel plays a character who wakes up to discover he’s the only person on the planet who remembers the music of The Beatles, so he uses those songs to become a famed musician himself:

“And then I discover him and take him on tour. Then he gets much, much bigger than me through doing stuff. Yeah, it’s very clever. I got to actually kind of learn how to act… With the ‘Game of Thrones’ thing, that was literally me popping in for a day and making a cameo. Or ‘Bastard Executioner’ was me popping in for a day. But this was like full days on set, like full 12-hour days.

They shot it around loads of my gigs. So it was a very intense two months. Because I would have four days of gigging and then three days of shooting a film. I was playing myself, so I don’t think I was that bad. There wasn’t much to (mess) up.”

Sheeran wrapped his filming earlier this year. The movie itself is on track for a September 2019 release.

Doctor Omega

After he walked from the next James Bond film over creative differences, British filmmaker Danny Boyle immediately went back to another project he had been working on – his first musical comedy “Yesterday”.

Now the first trailers – both domestic and international – have arrived for the film which stars “EastEnders” actor Himesh Patel as a down-on-his-luck man who wakes up to discover he’s the only person on the planet who remembers the music of The Beatles. He then uses those songs to become a famed musician himself.
Lily James, Kate McKinnon and Ed Sheeran co-star in the film which was penned by “Love Actually” filmmaker Richard Curtis. The film is currently slated for a June 28th release.