Fun Worst Asian Films You Have Ever Seen

plsletitrain

Member: Rank 5
But I will NOT be watching this again, no matter how much you beg me. :)
I heard there's a The Isle 2 in the works starring Jun Ji-Hyun....... Hmmmmm... Hehe.

Yeah, I also second the Audition re-watch motion. I haven't seen it yet but I think its one of those must-see Asian movies.

And guys, do you still get e-mail notifications from IMDf? Because I don't. It started around last weekend. I've posted on the Problems thread and no one replied. I tagged ant-mac the moderator but got no reply. So I guess I'll keep on refreshing this site to get notified of replies?

sitenoise

I don't use email notifications so I dunno. But if you've posted and not gotten a response ... I guess they are away from the stable.

plsletitrain

E-mail is life. Its my way of knowing someone replied or started a new thread without having to regularly stay online and see that green radar on my name glowing. Someone fix this pwease.:emoji_boar:

plsletitrain

The mods have been posting here and there so I don't know why they didn't care about my concern. Have I been bad???? :emoji_boar:

plsletitrain

sad2.gif I prefer the e-mail notification because I can check on it anytime (my e-mail is my first and primary site) whereas I don't usually open the IMDf site because its got some large text and graphics that I get discouraged when checking on my phone. I can check my e-mail on my phone and when there's no notification, I don't log in to the IMDf site. I need my e-mail notification back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :emoji_boar:

Thanks for trying to help @sitenoise. The mods have neglected me. :emoji_bug:

plsletitrain

I think I figured now. I think my e-mail feature got mixed up and the IMDf notifications went to another folder. I hope everything will work again now.

Daniel Larusso

Member: Rank 3

I'm going to add Tsukamoto's Fires on the Plain to this thread...

Felt like student film trying to homage the original and it's so awfully cheap.

BuX

Member: Rank 1
Too many to write much about, but here's a list that includes films that got good critical responses, or were made by directors who should know better, or who starred someone who should know better. The world would have been a better place had these films not been made:

2010 - Bedevilled Director: Jang Cheol-so -
2009 - Breathless Director: Yang Ik-Joon - These first two are abuse and cruelty for abuse and cruelty's sake, then a lame excuse for it that is pathetic.

2002 - The Coast Guard Director: Ki-duk Kim - Same

2009 - Cobalt Blue Director: Yosuke Nakagawa - If John Tesh were a movie, he'd be this movie

2016 - Creepy Director: Kiyoshi Kurosawa - Kurosawa has left the shark he jumped miles and miles behind.

2017 - The Dark Maidens Director: Saiji Yakumo - laughably bad acting

2010 - Echoes of the Rainbow Director: Alex Law - god aweful attempt at poignancy

2010 - Flowers Director: Norihiro Koizumi - A two hour soap commercial

2008 - The Guard Post Director: Su-chang Kong - Korean tough guy bullshit

2012 - Howling Director: Ha Yu - Kang Ho-song actually sucked in a movie

2015 - Journey to the Shore Director: Kiyoshi Kurosawa - Kurosawa

2015 - Love & Peace Director: Shion Sono - stupidity isn't funny

1995 - Love Letter Director: Shunji Iwai - Worse than Bad Guy

2016 - A Man and A Woman Director: Yoon-ki Lee - Oh Yoon-ki! Blame it on the dude in this film.

2016 - Mermaid Director: Stephen Chow - Watching someone drip snot on someone isn't funny

2008 - Nobody to Watch Over Me Director: Ryôichi Kimizuka - A lie!

2012 - Penance Director: Kiyoshi Kurosawa - Kurosawa

2015 - Right Now, Wrong Then Director: Sang-soo Hong - Piggishness. Drunkards aren't interesting

2015 - Sara Director: Herman Yau - Can't remember

2016 - Scoop! Director: Hitoshi Ohne - Fumi let me way way down.

2015 - Shinjuku Swan Director: Shion Sono -

1999 - Shiri Director: Je-gyu Kang - Stupidest action flick ever

2010 - Taipei Exchanges Director: Ya-chuan Hsiao - Infomercial for a coffee bar

2005 - Tale of Cinema Director: Sang-soo Hong - Hong at his worst pretentious self

2013 - Tamako in Moratorium Director: Nobuhiro Yamashita -

2009 - Vegetarian Director: Woo-Seong Lim - A film that set out to exploit a woman's naked body but the woman has the ugliest fake tits you could ever imagine. WTF

2015 - The Virgin Psychics Director: Shion Sono - Fan service bullshit

2014 - Women Who Flirt Director: Ho-Cheung Pang - When what's her face jumped the shark

2009 - The Wonderful World of Captain Kuhio Director: Daihachi Yoshida - "pucker-faced delivery, like he's trying to illustrate what the stick up his ass makes his asshole look like."

2014 - The World of Kanako Director: Tetsuya Nakashima - Major misfire of violence for the sake of violence is cool crap

Its been ages since I've been on here, but decided now is the time to get back to it!

An interesting list of bad films, a few i disagree with. Breathless, need to watch again, is violent, way to much swearing but the fact that Yang Ik-june, wrote, produced, directed and acted in it, is pretty cool to do. The fact he also sold off his property to pay for it all is dedication.

Love and Peace. A very random film, quite strange, but I actually liked it.

BuX

Member: Rank 1
Interesting thread. I've missed soo much!

Some bad films are, had to sell them off, give them away.

Kick The Moon, Korean, 2001, Kim Sang-jin: A huge fan of Attack the Gas Station I thought i'd try his other film, totally terrible.

Vulgaria, Hong Kong, 2012, Pang Ho-cheung: I tried 3 times to watch this, but kept falling asleep as it was just so boring.

Nobodies Daughter Haewon, Korean, 2013, Hong Sang-soo: Bad acting, uninteresting story, dragged on too much.

Be My Baby, Japan, 2013, Hitoshi Ohne: A film about a bunch of youngsters in relationships. Got bored, I did finish the film.

Chihwaseon (Painted Fire, Strokes of Fire or Drunk on Women and Poetry), Korean, 2002, Im Kwon-taek: A film set in the olden days of Korea, lots of wooden huts, about a man who paints pictures and who gets drunk. I'd rather watch paint dry.

Fuku-chan of FukuFuku Flats, Japan, 2014, Yosuki Fujita: Main male character played by a woman, just wasnt believeble, just thought, thats no man, its a woman. Really boring characters, uninteresting story.

Funuke, Show Some Love You Losers!, Japan, 2007, Daihachi Yoshida: A house full of annoying characters, just wanted to get away from them. So i took the DVD out of the player and put it on Ebay.

sitenoise

Funuke, Show Some Love You Losers!, Japan, 2007, Daihachi Yoshida: A house full of annoying characters, just wanted to get away from them. So i took the DVD out of the player and put it on Ebay.
lol just goes to show. My blurb from way back when: "This is what Japanese cinema is all about: A good title, twisted family drama, black humor that hurts more than it tickles, a little sexual deviance, beautiful women. Funuke Show Some Love, You Losers! has it all.

Welcome back, BuX

divemaster13

Member: Rank 4
Kick The Moon, Korean, 2001, Kim Sang-jin: A huge fan of Attack the Gas Station I thought i'd try his other film, totally terrible.
Chihwaseon (Painted Fire, Strokes of Fire or Drunk on Women and Poetry), Korean, 2002, Im Kwon-taek: A film set in the olden days of Korea, lots of wooden huts, about a man who paints pictures and who gets drunk. I'd rather watch paint dry.
I didn't hate these movies, but I agree they were not very interesting. I gave both 2 stars (out of 5), which translates to a big fat "meh." I didn't like Attack the Gas Station much at all, either, though.

clayton-12

Member: Rank 4
Hallelujah! I'm not the only one disliked this. An unpleasant film about unpleasant people being unpleasant!

Reactions: BuX