Fun Your Top 10 Favourite Movies of all Time

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
I forgot to mention two other films that are very much ahead of its time:

Jaws (1975)
Beauty and the Beast (1991)
I was 12 years-old when I went to see JAWS and JAWS 2 as a double feature in the local cinema.

The following weekend my mother and I went to the coast and spent a couple of days in a beach house that belonged to a friend.

I stayed firmly on the beach throughout that short holiday.

JepGambardella

Member: Rank 1
Hey, thanks for chiming in! Please feel welcome to contribute to our discussions here. There are plenty of review and discussion threads for "international" (a vast majority Asian) films in our little neck of the woods here, and all perspectives are welcome. Some threads are dedicated to a particular movie or director, but also check out the monthly "recently seen" threads, where a whole bunch of movies are blurbed about and discussed to varying degrees. It's no problem at all to bump an old thread if you want to contribute to a discussion and missed it earlier, or to start your own thread.

I've seen seven of the films you listed and liked them with varying degrees. Amelie makes me smile; couldn't get into Brazil like a lot of the die-hard fans of that movie, but it does have its interesting points.
I have been a lurker at the Asian Cinema forum since the days of IMDb. I have picked up quite a few recommendations for Korean and Japanese movies from the regulars. I don't contribute much, except during the month of July when I watch a lot of new Asian movies at the Fantasia Film Festival here in Montreal.