Review Alien (1979)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10

dasfadf.jpg

Your thoughts on this movie....

After a space merchant vessel perceives an unknown transmission as a distress call, its landing on the source moon finds one of the crew attacked by a mysterious lifeform, and they soon realize that its life cycle has merely begun.

On to the next movie.....

ALIENS.....

https://www.imdforums.com/threads/aliens-1986.317/

Last edited:

TheSowIsMine

What an excellent day for an exorcism
VIP
This is one of my favourite films. The acting, the sets, the alien design, the whole sexuality of it(thats what you get when you hire Giger), its awesome.

MovieKnut

Member: Rank 2
This is a classic. Great story by Ronald Shusett and Dan O'Bannon. A fine cast and not one substandard performance. Skilled direction from Ridley Scott with his second feature film. The real master stroke was employing two artists with diametrically different styles; Ron Cobb designing all human related elements, Nostromo, Narcissist, the costumes worn by the cast. Hans Rudi Giger designing all alien related sets and xenomotphs. Giger, in particular, was a revelation. Terrific production values, although Fox did double the budget after seeing Scott's story boards.

This was the first adult movie that I saw in the cinema, so that will always elevate this for me. A wonderful, mature sci-fi horror. Watched it again a couple of weeks back, never fails to impress.

Last edited: