News Ant-Man 3: IN DEVELOPMENT?

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Third “Ant-Man” Already In Discussion?

Ant-Man-Trailer-3.jpg

Still half a year out from the release of “Ant-Man and The Wasp,” and one of the film’s stars suggests that a third movie in the franchise is already being lined up.

During a interview with IGN UK over the weekend, Michael Pena was asked if he and Chris Hemsworth ever discussed the Marvel Cinematic Universe on the set of their new war film “12 Strong” and his answer suggests plans for a third “Ant-Man” are already in development:

“We talked about it on the first day. It’s a whole different kind of club to be in, the Marvel Universe. I don’t know if they’ll use me for the third movie, I still really don’t know. It’s cool to make a little bit of a mark on that Marvel Universe and it’s kind of a cool club, they run a really cool studio.”

Pena also says “Ant-Man and The Wasp” will boast decidedly less improvisation in the sequel, which could impact its tone. The film opens in July.

Gavin

Member: Rank 6
VIP
Not really a surprise. I imagine there are plans (however tentative) for a range of sequels and new titles in the MCU. It seems to me that Marvel (at least since Avengers made the cinematic universe a success) tend to plan, in at least broad strokes, well ahead. That doesn't mean things can't change if future movies aren't successful but I would think that there would be ideas being generated now for Ant-Man 3, Black Panther 2 & 3, Doctor Strange 2 & 3, etc. That way they can include minor details that lead into later movies.