Review Ant-Man & the Wasp (2018)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
000000.jpg

Your thoughts on this movie......

As Scott Lang balances being both a Super Hero and a father, Hope van Dyne and Dr. Hank Pym present an urgent new mission that finds the Ant-Man fighting alongside The Wasp to uncover secrets from their past.

Back to the previous movie.....

ANT-MAN (2015)......

https://www.imdforums.com/threads/ant-man-2015.6855/

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Hannah John Kamen Joins “Ant-Man” Sequel

hannah-john-kamen-joins-ant-man-sequel-696x464.jpg

Hannah John-Kamen (“Black Mirror,” “Game of Thrones”) has joined the cast of the superhero sequel “Ant-Man and The Wasp” at Marvel Studios.

Peyton Reed will return helm the follow-up, as will stars Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lily, Michael Douglas and Michael Pena. Rudd and Gabriel Ferrari are penning the screenplay and the film opens July 8th 2018.

John-Kamen will appear in two other major early 2018 tentpole films – the “Tomb Raider” reboot and Steven Spielberg’s “Ready Player One”.

Doctor Omega

Walton Goggins Joins “Ant-Man and The Wasp”

walton-goggins-joins-ant-man-and-the-wasp-696x464.jpg

“Justified” and “The Hateful Eight” alum Walton Goggins has closed a deal to join “Ant-Man And The Wasp” for Disney Pictures & Marvel Studios.

No specifics have been revealed about Goggins’ character, though more information will likely be forthcoming at Marvel’s Comic Con panel on Saturday.

The project is set to begin shooting at the end of the month in Atlanta with Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lily, Michael Douglas, Michael Pena, T.I. and Randall Park also confirmed to star.

“Ant-Man And The Wasp” is slated to open July 6th 2018. Goggins also has both the “Tomb Raider” reboot and “Maze Runner: The Death Cure” due to open early next year.

Doctor Omega

Judy Greer Returns For “Ant-Man” Sequel

judy-greer-returns-for-ant-man-sequel-696x464.jpg

Judy Greer has signed on to reprise her role of Scott Lang’s ex-wife Maggie Lang in “Ant-Man and the Wasp” for Marvel Studios and Disney Pictures.

Greer played the role opposite Paul Rudd as Scott in the first film. Much of the key cast such as Evangeline Lilly, Michael Douglas and Michael Pena are back for the new one, joined by Michelle Pfeiffer as Janet Van Dyne and Laurence Fishburne as Dr. Bill Foster.

Peyton Reed is helming the new film which is targeting a July 6th 2018 release.

Greer’s schedule seems insane. She has regular voice work on FX’s raunchy animated comedy “Archer,” the “Storybots” kids shows, and recurring on screen roles on “Casual” and “I’m Sorry”.

On film she was in “War for the Planet Of The Apes” earlier this month, has the indie comedy “Lemon” next month, is currently filming both Clint Eastwood’s “15:17 To Paris” and Richard Linklater’s “Where”d You Go Bernadette,” and has roles coming up in “Our Souls at Night,” “Measure of a Man,” “Pottersville,” and “Public Schooled”.

Doctor Omega

“Ant-Man and the Wasp” Begins Production

ant-man-and-the-wasp-begins-production-696x464.jpg

Marvel Studios has released a teaser video from the set of the upcoming sequel “Ant-Man and the Wasp” which has kicked off production.

Paul Rudd returns as Scott Lang/Ant-Man alongside Evangeline Lily as Hope Pym/The Wasp. They’re joined by Michael Douglas and Michelle Pfeiffer as Dr. Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne (the original Ant-Man and Wasp), along with returnees Michael Pena, David Dastmalchian and T.I. as Luis, Kurt & Dave respectively.

Newcomers for this outing, aside from Pfeiffer, include Randall Park as S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent Jimmy Woo, Hannah John-Kamen as the Ghost, Laurence Fishburne as Dr. Bill Foster, and Walton Goggins in an unspecified role.

Peyton Reed will return to direct the film which hails from “Transformers: The Last Knight” scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari based on a story by Adam McKay and Paul Rudd.

The film opens July 6th 2018.

Doctor Omega

Ant-Man and the Wasp
A brief new video from the San Francisco set of “Ant-Man and The Wasp” teases an action sequence involving a van flip. Filming is still well underway on the movie in which Paul Rudd’s Scott Lang will be joined by Evangeline Lily’s Hope Van Dyne as she suits up as The Wasp.

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
I saw this in the recent forums column on the side, and misread it, thinking it said Ant-Mac And The Wasp. That would have been a much different movie, consisting mostly of @ant-mac sitting on his front porch, spraying a wasp with a can of Raid, and then sipping whisky out of his teacup.

And yes, I'd pay money to see that movie. Especially if there was a Director's Cut from Peter Jackson.

Doctor Omega

I would like to see an Ant-Mac and Wasp movie, made by Disney, if only so that Kathleen Kennedy could fire the director on the spot and then bring in an acting coach to explain to the hapless young actor that they had hired exactly how he should be playing the role of A.M!

It would not surprise me if there were also whispering of a potential Ant-Mac movie franchise during shooting too! Spin off movies, tv show tie-ins and the like! :emoji_alien:

Last edited:

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
I saw this in the recent forums column on the side, and misread it, thinking it said Ant-Mac And The Wasp. That would have been a much different movie, consisting mostly of @ant-mac sitting on his front porch, spraying a wasp with a can of Raid, and then sipping whisky out of his teacup.
In the above circumstances, I don't suppose that WASP is an acronym that stands for What A Sexy Pussy?

Hey, it doesn't hurt to dream, does it? :emoji_wink:
And yes, I'd pay money to see that movie. Especially if there was a Director's Cut from Peter Jackson.
Can't you think of a better way to spend a week?

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
I would like to see an Ant-Mac and Wasp movie, made by Disney, if only so that Kathleen Kennedy could fire the director on the spot and then bring in an acting coach to explain to the hapless young actor that they had hired exactly how he should be playing the role of A.M!

It would not surprise me if there were also whispering of a potential Ant-Mac movie franchise during shooting too! Spin off movies, tv show tie-ins and the like! :emoji_alien:
Actually, when they eventually get around to filming my superhero film, I hope it finally gives me the opportunity to do battle with my arch nemesis... Ant-Rid!

Doctor Omega

Details: While there’s a definite fan base, few put the first “Ant-Man” high on the list of Marvel Studios’ best films. There’s a much appreciated smaller scale to the whole thing and a charming cast, but it’s lacking in any real engaging stakes, has a terrible villain and its comedy is pretty slim. The switching out of Edgar Wright with Peyton Reed seemed to take its toll in the form of an overly manufactured and ‘safe’ product emblematic of Marvel’s conformity problem.

This time though, Reed has free rein from the get-go along with bringing in a stronger supporting cast including Walton Goggins as the villain, Laurence Fishburne in a key role, the return of Michael Pena and his two friends, and Michelle Pfeiffer playing Michael Douglas’ long-lost wife. Hopefully will be as much an improvement as we got between the first and second “Captain America” films.

Doctor Omega

As part of a 2018 preview guide released this morning, Disney Pictures has released new photos and synopses for two of their biggest 2018 films – “Ant-Man and the Wasp” and “Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2”.

With “Ant-Man and The Wasp,” the story is set in the aftermath of “Captain America: Civil War” as Scott Lang grapples with the consequences of his choices as both a superhero and a father. Trying to rebalance his life with his responsibilities as Ant-Man, he’s confronted by Hope van Dyne and Dr. Hank Pym with an urgent new mission – forcing him to once again put on the suit and learn to fight alongside the Wasp as the team works together to uncover secrets from the past.

In “Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2,” Ralph and Vanellope leave Litwak’s arcade behind, venturing into the uncharted, expansive and thrilling world of the internet – which may or may not survive Ralph’s wrecking. There’s also Yesss, an algorithm who plays an important role in Ralph and Vanellope’s journey within the internet.

“Ant-Man and The Wasp” opens July 6th while “Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2” opens November 21st.

https://twitter.com/MarvelVulture/status/953339717864472576/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.darkhorizons.com%2Fnew-ant-man-ralph-sequel-photos%2F

Doctor Omega

“Ant-Man” Sequel Reshoots Entire Opening?

ant-man-sequel-reshoots-entire-opening.jpg

Marvel Studios’ “Ant-Man and the Wasp” is reportedly about to undergo reshoots in Los Angeles which will see the entire opening of the movie redone reports BadTaste(via CBM.

Additional photography is common practice on large-scale films and according to the report there’s nothing unusual about these particular ones. They say the opening scene takes place in South America and that it didn’t test very well with audiences, so the whole sequence is being redone on location in Los Angeles – with this scene taking up most of the reshoots.

Paul Rudd’s Ant-Man character along with Jeremy Renner’s Hawkeye have both been notably absent from the marketing for the upcoming “Avengers: Infinity War”. “Ant-Man and the Wasp” hits cinemas on July 6th.