Review Atomic Blonde (2017) July 28th

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10

Atomic Blonde is an upcoming American spy action thriller film directed by David Leitch and written by Kurt Johnstad. It is based on Antony Johnston's 2012 graphic novel The Coldest City, which revolves around a spy who has to find a list of double agents who are being smuggled into the West. The film stars Charlize Theron, James McAvoy, John Goodman, Eddie Marsan, Sofia Boutella, and Toby Jones. This will be Leitch's first solo credit as director, after co-directing John Wick with Chad Stahelski.

The film will have its world premiere at South by Southwest on March 12, 2017. It will then be released on July 28, 2017, by Focus Features.

Last edited:

McQualude

Member: Rank 3
Finally got around to watching this, it was okay. The story is good, just good. There is a lot of action but the fight choreography is poor. It's about 80 minutes of guys standing around waiting for Charlize Theron to beat them up. Only one bad guy ever fights back, some white haired guy, who was supposed to be the enemy badass I guess. And by badass I mean the only one willing to punch or attack a woman. Another 20 minutes of Charlize Theron naked, almost naked or making out with a girl. And about 15 minutes of plot. There is the twist and the twist inside the twist and other twists. Nothing here to inspire me to watch a sequel. In the 80's this would have been a blockbuster but I think we've pushed on since then.