michaellevenson

Member: Rank 8
I got the WARSHIP audio when it was released, as I thought that gap between Avon's "Fire!" and abandoning the ship at the start of AFTERMATH was a gap that needed plugging.

One thing about it though was Gareth's voice. Perhaps too many years of smoking and boozing, but I thought he sounded like his own grandfather and it pulled me out of the story a little.

It never occurred to me that they might recast Blake though until you just mentioned it Michael. I guess they might one day.
Yes Warship was great, it filled that gap perfectly. I regard that as cannon virtually. If you think Gareth's voice had changed it's nowt compared to Steven Pacey's change of voice. Much deeper,older obviously, that brash young bighead isn't quite there now. Also Del Grant was a crew member, which I liked, and Tom Chadbon resurrected the role perfectly. There was no explanation of why or how he was there, that probably was explained in the Liberator Chronicles series which I've not listened to.

johnnybear

Member: Rank 6
Tom Chadbon (weird name and where does it come from?) becomes a crewmember of The Liberator? Surely not as that would destroy continuity!!! I imagined they'd brought him back for the odd appearance which is a good idea though as he was a good character in the episode Countdown!
JB

michaellevenson

Just gone onto the Twin Peaks thread, "By The Numbers", and suggested to the group who has just finished a group watch of that show ,that Blakes7 would be fun to do as a group.
Anyone care to add their voice to mine and post something on their thread?

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
SUBMISSIONS INVITED FOR NEW B7 FAN ANTHOLOGY

You & Who are producing a new anthology of B7 fan memoirs, to tie in with this year's 40th Anniversary. The editors are Jackie Emery, Susan Bowden and Ann Worrall. We are looking for for essays of between 500-2,000 words on the subject of your relationship with the series and/or its various spin-offs. What does B7 mean to you? How are you celebrating its Ruby Anniversary? For submission details, email [email protected]

Previous books in the range.....

s-l500 (2).jpg s-l500 (1).jpg

s-l500.jpg

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Return to House on Haunted Hill (2007) with Stephen Pacey as Professor Richard

The editor of a fashion magazine Ariel Wolfe receives many calls from her sister Sara, but she does not return. When Sara is found dead, apparently after committing suicide, Ariel goes to her apartment with her friend and photographer Paul. She meets Professor Richard, who is seeking Sara's journal to find a lead to the statue of the evil god Baphomet for a museum.

michaellevenson

I wonder if the character he played in this film had a personality?
JB
Tarrant in series 3 was forceful and a good foil for Avon, in series 4 however turned into a bland yes man for Avon.
Also Johnny a Blakes7 group rewatch is being voted on on the Twin Peaks forum. You have a day or two to vote if you wish.

johnnybear

True, true! When I first saw Tarrant in B7 I thought he was a good character for the show but he did seem a bit less angry later on and I was so jealous of him getting to kiss Bobbie Brown as Zeeona in Warlord! :emoji_angry:
JB

johnnybear

I see on Amazon that they are re-releasing Blakes 7 as a complete set in April! Will this have any extra work on it does anyone know or be improved upon picture wise? I have heard that the Dutch version is superior to ours, not sure if that is true or not though?
JB

Doctor Omega

AVON: You also talk too much...

TARRANT: Be thankful I'm restricting myself to talk.

AVON: Well now, that's fascinating. You mean you can do something else?

Well yes..... Singing, as it turns out! :emoji_confused:

s-l1600 (4).jpg

1996: By Jeeves
Background
In 1996, Lloyd Webber and Ayckbourn decided to revisit the show, jettisoning most of the score and the entire original book. Retitled By Jeeves (so as to dispel all previous associations with the original production), the character of Roderick Spode and his fascistic intentions were eliminated from the plot. The character list was whittled down from 22 to 10, and the original orchestrations also underwent a reduction to a little band. Only three songs from the original show remained lyrically intact: "Banjo Boy", "Half a Moment" and "Travel Hopefully". The other songs and musical interludes were mostly new or reworked compositions by Lloyd Webber.

Productions
By Jeeves re-opened on 1 May 1996 at the Stephen Joseph Theatre-in-the-round in Scarborough, North Yorkshire, an English seaside resort. Audience reaction was generally enthusiastic so the show moved on 2 July 1996 to London for a 12-week season at the fairly intimate Duke of York's Theatre. The show turned out to be more popular than first thought, and the run was extended to February 1997 with the show moved to The Lyric Theatre in Shaftesbury Avenue.[7]

Steven Pacey played Bertie Wooster and Malcolm Sinclair played his valet Jeeves. The Musical Director was Kate Young. The cast recording has an unusual format, taking a track between every song where Bertie and Jeeves humorously summarize the plot.[8] Pacey was nominated for an Olivier Award for Best Actor in a Musical, and By Jeeves also received nominations for Outstanding New Production and Best Costume Designer.

The show had its United States premiere on 12 November 1996, at the Goodspeed Opera House in Connecticut. U.S. actor John Scherer took the part of Bertie, and Richard Klineplayed Jeeves.[10] The show was specially recorded and released on VHS and DVD where British actor Martin Jarvis took over from Richard Kline as Jeeves. It also had a brief run on Broadway at the Helen Hayes Theatre, from 28 October 2001 (in previews October 16) to 30 December 2001, for 73 performances. Directed by Ayckbourn, the cast featured Scherer (Bertie), James Kall (Gussie) and Martin Jarvis (Jeeves) (who received the Theatre World Award).