michaellevenson

Member: Rank 8
Two brothers, possibly in their twenties maybe thirties watch B7 for the first time and post reactions on YouTube. They've reached the end of series 1 and on to series 2, so they like it. It's interesting to get a younger generation take on the show, and they are both classic Who fans and have posted reactions to the entirety of Classic Who, so 70's fx doesn't bother them. Here's the first reaction video.

michaellevenson

This is quite amusing, The Dyslectic Cosplayer reviews of B7. This youtuber as suggested by the name puts his own voice to some of the characters. He's done 21 episodes so far, this is a review of WEAPON.
Meanwhile our two brothers reach season 2.

Last edited:

michaellevenson

Our Blake's 7 watching brothers are now up to Stardrive. There's a video for each episode. Some great reactions for Star One, Terminal, Sarcophagus, Voice from the Past, check them out.

Last edited:

michaellevenson

So our brothers reach the finale, and come up with an unusual take on the actions of Avon. Loved watching them discover the show. Pity no B7 fans are left on the forum to comment on this , if only I'd discovered this YouTube pair before the B7 fans left, oh well.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
No, I have watched it too Michael - and have been following their reactions up to this point. It was good to see the show being watched and appreciated by new generations. I particularly wanted to see how Avon's moment in ORBIT affected them too, which it did of course.

Sorry I haven't been round much lately. I did a Blake really and vanished. There were rumours that my lifepod had crashlanded on the planet Mondas, but it is not easy to trace one line through the pattern of infinity.

Am back now and still very much a Blake's 7 fan.

Are you aware that there has been a horrific unofficial remake of the show. I watched the first episode last night. All names and genders have been changed to save paying the Terry Nation Estate, but it is clearly trying to be Blake's 7.

michaellevenson

They've also done Dr Who reactions, one for each 4 or 6 part story, or however many parts.
Not forgetting these Dr Who reactors.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Tbh there is only 2 sci fi shows post Blake's 7 that I recommend, Babylon 5 and The Expanse, the latter has the best female sci fi character since Servalan.
Yeah, I keep hearing THE EXPANSE is a decent TV series.

I might have to make an effort and try to find it so I can watch it one of these days.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Tbh there is only 2 sci fi shows post Blake's 7 that I recommend, Babylon 5 and The Expanse, the latter has the best female sci fi character since Servalan.

That Servalan influence has got to be deliberate. Am betting the actress in question even watched Jackie Pearce in a few old episodes of Blake?

Like Ant, have never seen THE EXPANSE, but have been aware of it being around.