Carol

Member: Rank 5
Great trailer, Drifter - but what's your most-used quote from the film? Sometimes it's "Frontier gibberish" for me, sometimes "Candygram for Mongo" can be surprisingly versatile as a gentle warning ....

High Plains Drifter

The Drifter
VIP
Great trailer, Drifter - but what's your most-used quote from the film? Sometimes it's "Frontier gibberish" for me, sometimes "Candygram for Mongo" can be surprisingly versatile as a gentle warning ....
"Where's the white woman at?" LMAO every time or the Toll Booth. Even Mondo taking out the horse in one hit.

Carol

So true, so true... sometimes just humming a few bars of "I'm tired" can cheer a girl up, especially if someone recognises it. "Screw you I'm working for Mel Brooks" makes me happy - but sadly, I don't.

Hux

Member: Rank 6
Have you gone berserk, can't you see that that man is a ni...

Wrong person, forgive me, no offence intended.

Have you gone berserk, can't you see that that man is a ni...

Carol

Hello again, Hux - given that I've just been co-opted onto my college's Equality and Diversity committee, I'm looking forward to cutting through some soggy wittering with timely quotes, when needed. (You know - morons....)

Tuco

Member: Rank 2
So true, so true... sometimes just humming a few bars of "I'm tired" can cheer a girl up, especially if someone recognises it. "Screw you I'm working for Mel Brooks" makes me happy - but sadly, I don't.
I have an audio file of Madeline Kahn's "I'm So Tired" song on my audio devices, so it pops up every once in a while on shuffle play. Love it. And in the movie, all of the subtle little things she does while singing are just comedy gold!!!

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
00.jpg

Blazing Saddles
is a 1974 American satirical Western comedy film directed by Mel Brooks. Starring Cleavon Little and Gene Wilder, the film was written by Brooks, Andrew Bergman, Richard Pryor, Norman Steinberg, and Al Uger, and was based on Bergman's story and draft.[4] The film received generally positive reviews from critics and audiences, was nominated for three Academy Awards, and is ranked No. 6 on the American Film Institute's 100 Years...100 Laughs list.

Brooks appears in two supporting roles, Governor William J. Le Petomane and a Yiddish-speaking Indian chief; he also dubs lines for one of Lili von Shtupp's backing troupe. The supporting cast includes Slim Pickens, Alex Karras, and David Huddleston, as well as Brooks regulars Dom DeLuise, Madeline Kahn, and Harvey Korman. Bandleader Count Basie has a cameo as himself.

The film satirizes the racism obscured by myth-making Hollywood accounts of the American West, with the hero being a black sheriffin an all-white town. The film is full of deliberate anachronisms, from the Count Basie Orchestra playing "April in Paris" in the Wild West, to Slim Pickens referring to the Wide World of Sports, to the German army of World War II.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
I have an audio file of Madeline Kahn's "I'm So Tired" song on my audio devices, so it pops up every once in a while on shuffle play. Love it. And in the movie, all of the subtle little things she does while singing are just comedy gold!!!