Review Bosch (2014)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
0.jpg

Your thoughts on this show......

An L.A.P.D. homicide detective works to solve the murder of a thirteen-year-old boy while standing trial in federal court for the murder of a serial killer.

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

‘Bosch’ Is Going Back On The Case For A Fourth Season With Amazon Renewal

Fans of the rule-breaking detective from Michael Connelly’s best selling books are about to get even more Bosch. Having given the green light to a Season 3 of the Titus Welliver-starring series back in April, Amazon Studios today renewed Bosch for a fourth season.

With Season 3 currently in production in L.A. and slated to launch next year, I hear that Season 4 of Bosch will likely consist of 10-episodes too. No premiere on Amazon has been set for Season 4, but a very late 2017 or 2018 date looks in the cards for the show, developed by Eric Overmyer.

“I am happy beyond words,” said Connelly, who serves as an EP on the Emmy-nominated Bosch, of the Season 4 renewal. “To think we are going to get another season to explore these characters is wonderful,” he added. “Our team has worked very hard to create the most realistic detective show possible and I think that is resonating with viewers. Titus and the rest of the cast and crew are dedicated to this. We are raising the storytelling bar with Season three and we’ll do it again in four.

Connolly and Wire alum Overmyer are EPs along with Pieter Jan Brugge and Henrik Bastin of Fabrik Entertainment. Bosch is produced by Fabrik Entertainment, which is a Red Arrow Entertainment Group company.

The cast includes Jamie Hector as LAPD Detective Jerry Edgar, along with Amy Aquino and Madison Lintz. Lance Reddick plays LAPD Deputy Chief Irvin Irving in the one-hour drama that first premiered back on February 13, 2015.

McQualude

Member: Rank 3
I really like the series although S1 felt like it was written by a computer that was fed every cop show script from the 70's-90's and sorted by the most common storylines. Nothing original about it but it's a very well made show.

Doctor Omega

Amazon Renews “Bosch” For A Fifth Season

amazon-renews-bosch-for-a-fifth-season-696x464.jpg

Ahead of its fourth season premiere in April, Amazon Studios has renewed its old school detective drama “Bosch” for a fifth season. The series has been one of the streaming services most reliable performers, and has scored solid reviews for its strong character work and leisurely pacing.

Titus Welliver will reprise his role as the homicide detective Harry Bosch from the best-selling novels by Michael Connelly (“The Lincoln Lawyer”). Cast regulars Lance Reddick, Jamie Hector, Amy Aquino and Madison Lintz are all expected back.

Previous seasons have usually involved incorporating two or three of Connelly’s twenty Bosch books to construct the season-long story arc, but the picks have been fairly random making it not clear what will serve as the story basis for a fifth season.

Executive producers Eric Overmyer and Daniel Pyne are slated to team up as co-showrunners on the fifth season – Overmyer ran the series for the first three seasons before handing it over to Pyne for the fourth.

The ten-episode fourth season, which is inspired by Connelly’s novels “Angels Flight” and “Nine Dragons,” premieres exclusively on Amazon Prime Video on Friday, April 13th. Check out the newly released trailer below:

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
BOSCH is definitely one of my favourites.

Whenever it airs on Australian TV, it is the absolute, undisputed highlight of my viewing week.

I just wish they made more episodes per season.

McQualude

Member: Rank 3
Been watching S4, this show is awesome. They are really trying to be a spiritual successor to The Wire and even if they don't succeed, they are better for trying.

Doctor Omega

Amazon Renews “Bosch” For Season Six

amazon-renews-bosch-for-season-six-696x464.jpg

With the fifth season still in production ahead of a 2019 release, Amazon has more than enough faith in its popular detective drama “Bosch” and so have renewed the series for a sixth season.

The series has been one of the streaming services most reliable performers, and has scored solid reviews for its strong character work and leisurely pacing – it’s a serialised procedural but stylishly done and a throwback to classic detective dramas. With the renewal, that makes it the longest running original series on Amazon to date.

Titus Welliver will reprise his role as the homicide detective Harry Bosch from the best-selling novels by Michael Connelly. Cast regulars Lance Reddick, Jamie Hector, Amy Aquino and Madison Lintz are all expected back.

Previous seasons have all run ten episodes each and usually involved incorporating two or three of Connelly’s twenty Bosch books to construct the season-long story arc.

Doctor Omega

Seventh and final season in the works.....

Ahead of the sixth season premiere later this year, Amazon Studios has announced that “Bosch” will end with its seventh season in 2021 on Amazon Prime Video.

Titus Welliver leads the old fashioned noir-ish contemporary Los Angeles-set detective series. Based on Michael Connelly’s 21 novels featuring Detective Hieronymus ‘Harry’ Bosch, each of the show’s seasons uses least one and sometimes two or three books in the series. The final season will draw on both “The Concrete Blonde” (which also was partly used for the first season) and “The Burning Room”.
In the final run, Harry Bosch and Jerry Edgar (Jamie Hector) pursue two separate but perilous murder investigations that will take them to the highest levels of white-collar crime and the deadly depths of the street-level drug trade.
Connelly said in a statement: “I’m proud of what we have accomplished with ‘Bosch’ and look forward to completing the story in season 7. It’s bittersweet but all good things come to an end and I am happy that we will be able to go out the way we want to. This started seven years ago with showrunner Eric Overmyer and me writing the pilot. We plan to write the last episode together as well. We’ll leave behind the longest-running show so far on Amazon and it will be there to be discovered by new viewers for as long as people are streaming. That is amazing to me. The other thing is that we would not have come all this way without Titus Welliver. There could not have been a better actor to play this role or a better team player to build this show around. He’ll be Harry Bosch for the ages.”
“Bosch” has been one of the most underrated quiet achievers of the modern streaming era. Launched in 2014, it has been a perennial favorite at Amazon, drawing strong critical reviews and consistently pulling in big numbers for the streamer even as awards and media attention has often been turned elsewhere. As a result, it goes out as the longest-running original series on Amazon to date.
Source: Variety
https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/bosch-renewed-seventh-final-season-amazon-studios-1203503397/

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Excellent, I've always said that every good story needs a beginning, a middle and an end.

I've enjoyed this TV series from its very first episode and I look forward with anticipation to its very last episode...

Although not too soon. :emoji_nerd: