Review Buck Rogers in the 25th Century (1979)

michaellevenson

Member: Rank 8
buck-rogers-10.jpg

Okay, someone had to bring this up. Even on the back of the DVD box set the piss is taken out of it
" The classic Sci fi action series burned in the memory of all who have witnessed its greatness"
I never saw it before about six months ago and am gingerly working through it, ten episodes done so far, it's sort of entertaining. Gil Gerard is good and Erin Gray is er ....The Most Beautiful Woman In Space , that's what the DVD blurb says, I'll carry on watching ..for now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Buck-Rogers-1981-sealed34.jpg

JNT must have hated it though, as it beat the good Doctor in the ratings.

Another one of those shows where they rejigged the format for the second season and cancellation soon followed,

It seemed great at the time and I had the sticker book too!

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Buck Rogers in the 25th Century - Theatrical Pilot Opening

This is the opening to the original theatrical release (March 1979) of the Buck Rogers in the 25th Century theatrical film. It is significantly different from the opening to the television series.

Doctor Omega

In the second season, Hank Simms (best known for his announcing work on many of the programs produced by Quinn Martin Productions) delivered the following alternate narrative:

In the year 1987, NASA launched the last of America's deep space probes. Aboard this compact starship, a lone astronaut, Captain William "Buck" Rogers, was to experience cosmic forces beyond all comprehension. In a freak mishap, his life-support systems were frozen by temperatures beyond imagination. Ranger 3 was blown out of its planned trajectory into an orbit one thousand times more vast, an orbit which was to return Buck Rogers to Earth, 500 years later.

Doctor Omega

Buck Rogers and the Horribly Tragic Season 2 Snafu!

What do you do when a reasonably popular science fiction TV series like Buck Rogers in the 25th Century is renewed for a second season? Why not change just about everything? That's good, right? Here are my thoughts about Buck Rogers' disastrous second season.

Doctor Omega

Buck Rogers in the 25th Century - Vintage Toy Review Mego 1979 2/2

RetroBlasting and igrewupstarwars.com take a look back at the 1979 Mego action figure line based on the classic TV series, Buck Rogers in the 25th Century, starring Gil Gerard and Erin Gray!

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
I remember loving this show as a kid, but mostly because I loved anything space related (Doctor Who, Star Trek, Star Wars, Buck Rogers, Jason of Star Command, Battlestar Galactica, etc.). I would have to sit down and rewatch it to see how it holds up to my foggy memories of it, and I certainly don't remember the big season two snafu, but I seem to remember thinking it was a pretty great show.