Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10

A pair of Spitfires will fly over the white cliffs of Dover to celebrate Dame Vera Lynn's 100th birthday on Monday.

Known as the World War Two "forces' sweetheart", Dame Vera's photograph has also been projected onto the cliffs.

Asked for her advice on how to live a long life, Dame Vera told BBC Radio 2: "Be active to your full capabilities.

"Keep interested, read books, watch television and try to keep in touch with life and what people are doing, seeing and enjoying."

She added: "While you can do that, I hope you will continue."

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10

Schwarzenegger Fires The Apprentice

http://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/schwarzenegger-fires-apprentice/

Fans of Celebrity Apprentice are about to lose the show's biggest asset as Arnold Schwarzenegger will not be returning to host another season of the show. "I learned a lot, I had a great time, it was a really great opportunity," Schwarzenegger said, speaking exclusively to Empire. "But under the circumstances I don't want to do it again."

"When people found out that Trump was still involved as executive producer and was still receiving money from the show, then half the people [started] boycotting it."

Social media campaign #grabyourwallet appears to have been a factor, imploring consumers and sponsors alike to ditch Celebrity Apprentice in direct response to the US President's continued involvement. The boycott's success may well be reflected in the show's viewing figures and the hasty retreat of commercial backers.

"Even if asked [to do it again] I would decline." Said Schwarzenegger. "With Trump being involved in the show people have a bad taste and don't want to participate as a spectator or as a sponsor or in any other way support the show. It's a very divisive period now and I think this show got caught up in all that division."

Aftermath is released in the UK on 7 April.

https://www.imdforums.com/threads/aftermath-2017.1166/

High Plains Drifter

The Drifter
VIP
I watched the show when they did the celebrity edition. I felt to a degree Trump was bullying Arnold on social media, and running the show down. Trump never gave Arnold a fair go at it. I guess he felt that if it's not him or his family on the show then no one can run it. As much as I am not a fan, can we just for kicks have the Kardashians, Kanye, or Jenner's run it? Even better have someone like Sharon Osbourne run the show. She don't take crap off of anyone or her neighbors. Remember the ham incident from the Osbournes? LOL

Who would make a better replacement for a host now? Is everyone afraid to host, cause of fear of a boycott or backlash?

Amyghost

Member: Rank 3
Let's just say I doubt that love was her topmost factor in pursuing McCartney.

Kind of sad to have seen him fall into the 'no fool like an old fool' category, but he's far from being the first wealthy older man to be so had, and he sure won't be the last.

High Plains Drifter

The Drifter
VIP
This one kinda has me going wth and why is this on TMZ's site honestly. Do you believe or not?

http://www.tmz.com/2018/02/07/richard-pryor-widow-confirms-sex-marlon-brando/

RICHARD PRYOR WIDOW SAYS YES, HE DID BANG BRANDO... And There's No Shame

Richard Pryor had a lot of sex in the '70s -- and it was with both men and women -- including Marlon Brando ... according to Pryor's widow, Jennifer.

Jennifer confirmed the Richard-Marlon hookup, which Quincy Jones first mentioned in a pretty wild Vulture interview. As Q put it, Brando would "f*** anything. Anything! He'd f*** a mailbox. James Baldwin. Richard Pryor. Marvin Gaye." The allegation sent the Internet into a frenzy.

Jennifer tells TMZ ... Richard would have no shame about Quincy's comments. She says the comedic legend was always very open about his bisexuality with friends, and documented it extensively in diaries. Jennifer says she'll publish them later this year.

As for Richard hooking up with Brando -- she says, "It was the '70s! Drugs were still good, especially quaaludes. If you did enough cocaine, you'd f*** a radiator and send it flowers in the morning."

Jennifer says she has no doubt Richard would be cracking up if he heard Quincy spilling the tea.

Last edited:

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Based upon what I know about both Marlon Brando and Richard Pryor... yes. I have no problem believing it.

However, all that really matters is Brando was a hell of an actor and Pryor was a hell of a comedian.