johnnybear

Member: Rank 6
What that if Adric returned the Fifth Doctor would die? That's okay because the Sixth Doctor would have put him in his place I'm sure!
JB

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
There must've been a last minute script change and the sixth Doctor attempted to choke Peri to death instead of Adric...:emoji_confused:

Now, after all this time, it all becomes clear! :emoji_astonished:

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
THE TWO DOCTORS at 1 min, 15 seconds....

It has to fit into Classic continuity somehow, dammit!

Fobwatches or something!!!!

Matters not helped by a great, great ancestor of the Queen of the Tribe of the Free turning up at 50 seconds. :emoji_confused:

johnnybear

It's just a coincidence! Has to be! Doesn't it? Plus Hartnell and Troughton appeared in a 1948 film together as well...
JB

Doctor Omega

He hated Tom? I did read about Tom saying rude things about Pertwee.

I think there was definite rivalry between the two men. I don't think Jon ever got over the fact that his successor became the definitive Doctor in the eyes of a lot of the public. God forbid if any idiot ever shouted "Where's your scarf?" to Jon!

For his part I think Tom deliberately taunted Jon by always talking about his truckload of voiceover work on advertisments within earshot of Jon.

Am not sure about the tastefulness of Tom pretending to get a phone call from Jon Pertwee in Hell (with Patrick in the background apparently!) on stage in 2009.

johnnybear

Jon Pertwee was a bit snarky to Tom during production of Planet of The Spiders and Liz Sladen was pretty annoyed at the Pert about it! Later on Tom did wind the Pert up by mentioning all the voice over work he was getting and knew it would antagonize him! Although Peter Davison did say that Pert and Tom were getting on like a house on fire while all three were filming that car advert in the nineties! :emoji_astonished:
JB

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

I love how, in THE WAR MACHINES, the Doctor gets a prickling sensation, as if the Daleks are nearby - when they are - because THE FACELESS ONES and THE EVIL OF THE DALEKS are also taking place nearby on the exact same day.

They used to get things right without trying back then.