Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Funny you should mention the woman aspect of the franchise as I'm currently reading Prime Time which came out in 2000 and has a scene involving the Seventh Doctor trying to enter a futuristic television centre on an alien planet called Blinni-Gaar and trying to get into the building with a group of young ladies and then he being told by the commissionaire that he looks nothing like one of these lovely girls and he replies that he might do one day! So this ludicrous idea of gender swapping has been put into canon even that far back and by Mike Tucker who worked on the eighties version of the show with Sylvester McCoy!!! :emoji_rage:

I have found that dismissing everything - Virgin/BBC books, DWM comic strips, Big Finish Audios and particularly the new show, as the glorified fan-fiction that it is - is the only way to preserve the sanctity of the original show - and I am also kind of glad that it finished in 1989 because the fan writers were already just starting to creep into the production team when it ended. If the show had continued through the Nineties no doubt fan-writer excesses of the Virgin book variety would have been inflicted on the poor show even then.

johnnybear

Member: Rank 6
But they're not very good are they! Looks like they are filtering between b/w and colour or the characters are close to a blazing inferno!!!
JB