Review Cobra Kai (2018)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Last edited:

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Kreese: We do not train to be merciful here. Mercy is for the weak. Here, in the streets, in competition. A man confronts you, he is the enemy. An enemy deserves no mercy.

I hate to admit it, but the moment I saw the title, COBRA KAI, I instantly knew which film franchise was being referred to. I also hate to admit it, but I'm actually just a little bit interested in seeing what this is all about... :emoji_grin:

Doctor Omega

We do not train to be merciful here. Mercy is for the weak. Here, in the streets, in competition. A man confronts you, he is the enemy. An enemy deserves no mercy.

I thought that the IMDF code of conduct had been updated again for a moment there, A-M! :emoji_confused:

Doctor Omega

Fathom Events and YouTube are teaming up for a one-night only event – holding special screenings of the original 1984 “The Karate Kid” along with the first two episodes of the upcoming sequel series “Cobra Kai”.

The event is scheduled to take place on April 25 and will screen at nearly 700 theaters across the nation. The special screenings will take place at 7pm local time with tickets for the event scheduled to go on sale today.

Doctor Omega

“Cobra Kai” Renewed For Season Two

cobra-kai-renewed-for-season-two-696x464.jpg

YouTube has announced that it has ordered a second season of its massive hit series “Cobra Kai” from Sony Pictures Television and Overbrook Entertainment.

The pickup order comes less than a week after the half-hour comedy series, a direct sequel to the original 1984 film “The Karate Kid” featuring the return of original stars Ralph Macchio and William Zabka thirty years later, debuted on YouTube Red.

The series follows a down-and-out Johnny (Zabka) who, seeking redemption, reopens the infamous Cobra Kai dojo. It reignites his rivalry with a now-successful Daniel (Macchio), who has been struggling to maintain balance in his life.

The series has been a massive success with the first episode already racking up more than 20 million views since May 4th. The new season will consist of ten episodes and go into production this Fall ahead of airing on YouTube Red in 2019. Check out the announcement trailer below.

Doctor Omega

On The Set Of 'Cobra Kai' Season 2 With Ralph Macchio, William Zabka

ET Canada is on the set of “Cobra Kai” with Ralph Macchio and William Zabka to get an inside look at season two of the series.

Doctor Omega

YouTube has renewed its popular and acclaimed “Karate Kid” sequel series “Cobra Kai” for a third season, in addition also handing out a third season renewal for Kevin Hart’s “What the Fit”. Both will premiere their new seasons in 2020 bia two options – ad-free SVOD viewing on YouTube Premium, or ad-supported free viewing.

From August 29th to September 11th 2019, YouTube plans to make Season 1 of “Cobra Kai” available to all users globally for free (with commercials). Season 2 gets the same treatment from September 11th but with it, episodes will be released weekly.

Doctor Omega