Fun Cricket

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
I am fascinated by the game (admittedly, mostly due to being a fan of the Fifth Doctor), and have attempted to watch videos about it online. The actual fundamentals elude me, but I think if I had the chance to watch a live match I would fully enjoy it.
There's nothing to it, mate.

In no time at all, you'll know all about leg breaks, googlies, topspinners, f[URL='https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flipper_(cricket)']lippers, s[URL='https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slider_(cricket)']liders, f[URL='https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrom_ball']licker balls,[/URL] off[/URL] breaks,[/URL] doosras, teesras, bouncers, inswingers, outswingers, beamers and so forth. You'll also be able to tell the difference between silly point, silly mid-off and silly mid-on, not to mention short third man, fly slip, slips, leg slip, leg gully, square leg, backward square leg, fine leg, mid on, mid off and cow corner - just to name a few of the fielding positions.

And you'll be able to identify the twelfth man when you see him too! :emoji_wink:

Of course, the highlight of any cricket match is the sledging. A good example of this was when a chubby Indian player once came out to bat. An Australian player asked him why he was so fat, to which he immediately replied: "Because every time I fuck your wife she gives me a biscuit." Obviously, this was met with appreciation and approval by all present.

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
There's nothing to it, mate.
Oh, fantastic. I was worried that...
In no time at all, you'll know all about leg breaks, googlies, topspinners, flippers, sliders, flicker balls, off breaks, doosras, teesras, bouncers, inswingers, outswingers, beamers and so forth. You'll also be able to tell the difference between silly point, silly mid-off and silly mid-on, not to mention short third man, fly slip, slips, leg slip, leg gully, square leg, backward square leg, fine leg, mid on, mid off and cow corner - just to name a few of the fielding positions.
Heh-heh...erm, yeah...

My head's already full of useless knowledge about comic books and horror movies. This may take a while. :emoji_grin:

michaellevenson

Member: Rank 8
Cricket World Cup starts today, May 30, here is the schedule. One round robin group of ten teams, which I think sucks. What's wrong with having more teams, perhaps 4 groups of 4? Anyway sure England will win the whole thing!

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Cricket World Cup starts today, May 30, here is the schedule. One round robin group of ten teams, which I think sucks. What's wrong with having more teams, perhaps 4 groups of 4? Anyway sure England will win the whole thing!
Best of luck to you.

Australia has let those cheating pieces of shit back in their side, so I hope those scum-sucking bastards lose in the first round.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Never really been a sporty person, but I guess cricket impacted on me slightly when my favourite fictional hero decided he suddenly liked it much more than he ever had before.......

Doctor_Who_Monthly_Vol_1_55.jpg