Fun Fictional Universe... Where Would You Go?

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
MUERTE.jpg

Okay... So you can go anywhere... so long as it is a fictional universe.....

It can be from literature, cinema or television....

From any medium in fact...

But if you were able, if it were physically possible, which fictional universe would you leap into?

Would you want to be in the Marvel-verse? Or DC's world of heroes?
Would you travel in the Tardis, or embrace the peaceful Federated worlds of Kirk and Picard?
King's Landing? Ghormengast? The Potterverse? Tolkien's world? The future worlds of Weyland Yutani?
Hammer's Castles? John Koenig's moonbase? The world of 221 Baker Street?

The list goes on...

Seemingly endlessly, in fact!

But where would you go?

And why?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AND NOW WE CAN GO THERE... APPARENTLY! :emoji_alien:

Yes, great news!

Since starting this thread I have found various youtube videos - such as the one below - that you just have to listen to endlessly and you will go to your chosen fictional universe!

It's to do with subliminals or something, apparently.

So now you can be rubbing shoulders with that famous character in that amazing world that you chose!

Now please excuse me while I take my overdue medication!
:emoji_head_bandage:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Travel to any Fictional Universe (Subliminal)

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

I will need to think about this one before settling on one definitive answer.

I would quite like to leap into the world of Blake's 7, if only to rub shoulders with the interesting characters, but a tyrannical Federation is a bit off-putting. Ditto the interesting character of the Star Trek Universes of Kirk or Picard etc. (Not Discovery).

Hammer wouldn't be much fun. Too many vampires, etc. Star Cops would be boring. All that weightlessness etc.

Triffids can get lost. Last thing I need is a plant slapping me across the face.

Walking Dead - my head is allergic to baseball bats.

Maybe Gormenghast castle. I could wander for days and it has a terrific library.

Planet of the Apes. Knowing my luck I would end up in the nonsensical Tim Burton one.

It's tougher to choose than I thought, this.... :emoji_confused:

Doctor Omega

I'd go for either SURVIVORS (1975) or THE DAY OF THE TRIFFIDS (1981), thanks...
That's a dangerous environment to go into, either way, A-M....

What about the day to day risks? Plague or killer plants?

The only positive aspect for me going there would be that one Triffid would probably not go hungry that day! :emoji_head_bandage:

What is it about those two environments that appeals to you?

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
That's a dangerous environment to go into, either way, A-M....

What about the day to day risks? Plague or killer plants?

The only positive aspect for me going there would be that one Triffid would probably not go hungry that day! :emoji_head_bandage:

What is it about those two environments that appeals to you?
Brian Aldiss once disparagingly labelled some of John Wyndham’s work, especially THE DAY OF THE TRIFFIDS, as "cosy catastrophes". The same could be said for THE KRAKEN WAKES.

And Terry Nation’s SURVIVORS very much fits into a similar category.

Perhaps that’s why. I don't mind witnessing the end of Humankind, so long as I have a comfy seat and a nice cuppa tea handy. :emoji_wink:

michaellevenson

Member: Rank 8
I'd like to go into "Rising Damp"
Spend maybe a year as a tenant , having a laugh with Rigsby, Alan, Philip, and Miss Jones of course. Have endless fun winding up Rigsby, plotting with Alan get up to mischief.
It'd be crazeeee!!

Doctor Omega

Travel to any universe of your choice | Subliminal

Travel to any tv show, game, movie, etc This will make you travel physically, and when you travel your home universe (earth) will freeze. Listen to this 3 - 6 times a day

Doctor Omega

Turn into any fictional character, enter any fictional universe - Subliminal

Please comment your results
Listen at least once a day or more for a month to notice potent results there is no set time for getting results from subliminals
everyone is different I do not own the images or music in this video all rights go to their rightful owners .
Listening while asleep,meditating or in a relaxed state will speed the process up.
You may listen while playing video games watching tv Subliminals are very silent words (affirmations) masked by music often with pictures that make suggestions into your subconscious and slowly transforms your abilities,behavior,mindset etc to the reality of the affirmations
Please comment your results
Listen at least once a day or more for a month to notice potent results
there is no set time for getting results from subliminals everyone is different

Affirmations:

I can easily physically become any fictional character i want while keeping the same conscious

I easily enter any fictional universe I want and wake up there
I easily enter any combination or crossover of any universes i want
I easily grant new powers to any fictional character form i am in
I can alter any fictional character as long when i am in that form
I easily come back to my home universe whenever I want to
I can enter the form of any fictional character with a thought
I keep the same conscious and mind when I physically become a fictiona character
This subliminal is extremeley effective for me
My subconscious accepts these affirmations
I can easily physically become any fictional character i want while keeping the same conscious
I easily enter any fictional universe I want and wake up there
I easily enter any combination or crossover of any universes i want
I easily grant new powers to any fictional character form i am in I can alter any fictional character as long when i am in that form
I easily come back to my home universe whenever I want to
I can enter the form of any fictional character with a thought I keep the same conscious and mind when I physically become a fictional character
This subliminal is extremely effective

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Youtube seems to be awash with these things.

Even if it worked, knowing my luck I would set a course for the Kirk era, but end up in STAR TREK DISCOVERY.

Doctor Omega

I don't think I would want to stay in one particular universe.

Bit of Blake's 7, bit of Classic Who. New Who can sod off, all that Murray Gold Music in the background would get on my nerves.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
I don't think I would want to stay in one particular universe.

Bit of Blake's 7, bit of Classic Who. New Who can sod off, all that Murray Gold Music in the background would get on my nerves.
I actually spend quite a lot of time in a parallel, fictional universe...

GRAND THEFT AUTO ONLINE.

I'm filthy rich and own immense fleets of high-end automobiles, aircraft and marine vessels and military vehicles too. I own several high-end apartments, garages, an executive office, a hangar, a nuclear fallout bunker, a yacht... You name it and I've either got it or will be getting it soon.

It's a great life... :emoji_wink:

Doctor Omega

What gets me about those subliminal videos is that not one comment seems to go "THIS IS A CROCK!"

No, instead they all ask questions like "Can I take relatives with me?" and "I went to somewhere a week last Thursday!" and "Star Wars universe, here I come!"

Whatever happened to "Show me a man who believes in something and I will show you a fool!"

I miss the cynical 70's.

Even though the idealist in me would like to believe I can go and stay on the Liberator for a few weeks. None of that fighting the Federation nonsense though. Just visit a few pleasure planets.

Doctor Omega

12 Hours of Original Dr. Who TARDIS Ambient Noise ( 1963 - 1967 Version )

Ever wish that you were the doctor from Dr. Who? Well now you can let your imagination run wild with ease. I have created this long version of the ambient sound from the original 1963 TARDIS found in the Dr. Who universe. This sound is great for getting to sleep, meditating, working, focusing, or binge watching Dr. Who or course.

Doctor Omega

Starship Sleeping Quarters | Sleep Sounds White Noise with Deep Bass 10 Hours

Captain's personal log, Stardate 51134.9: We have just completed peace talks with a curious race known as the Slumbarians, whose 13-minute sleep cycle has made diplomatic relations somewhat difficult. After seven exhausting days of formal dialog, I'm confident that we have come to a mutual understanding and look forward to a prosperous future between our cultures. Tomorrow we set a course for the Kumera system to study the effects of a nearby neutron star. But until then, I look forward to an overdue night of rest. As I settle into my quarters, I listen to the calming rumble of the ship's engines against the deck plates, muted by the acoustic dampening field. The blue glow of Slumbaria IV looms in my viewing window behind me as I drift off to sleep, while I look forward to an exciting new chapter of space exploration.

Doctor Omega

Okay... Have decided....

I would go here......

Transylvania_map.jpg

But only the HAMMER and UNIVERSAL iterations of it.... (yes, somehow I get to visit both universes, which exist as a sort of mish-mash)

That way I could get totally drunk at the taverns, (they wouldn't like me, as a "Stranger!!" at first, but I would soon settle in and be Michael Ripper's best friend, practically, and also travel to all the outlying districts where I could meet all the various Peter Cushings and Karloffs, Lugosi's and Lee's.

All I would need to do is avoiid the odd Gorgon, Zombies, Reptiles, the odd Mummy and Gustav Weil can piss off too. (Sorry Peter!)

I would meet Ygor, Captain Kronos and probably run away to join the Vampire Circus, and if Klove has kicked the bucket by then, I don't mind taking on the butler job at Dracula castle, either Lugosi, Lee - or that Carlos bloke, in which case I will take along my "How to Speak Spanish" book, which is fine.

All in all, to me, it comes across as a great quasi-real place to stay!!

So that's me sorted. :emoji_alien:

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Actually, thinking on it, I might as well just take over THE LAND OF FICTION!

I would make it colour and broaden it a bit so it wasn't just look like a few studio sets.

And I would have a Hammer/Universal section that people, including myself, could visit.

Unless I just had to wear the headset all time and couldn't participate, which could get a little tedious and not much fun....

mind robber 1.jpg