Carol

Member: Rank 5
Massively fond of this film - first saw it when I was closer in age to Harold... now I'm not so sure...

I love her putting her engagement ring in a safe place, I love the song, I love the sculptor and her nude scene, I love it all. It's one of those proper classics that must never be re-made because it could never be improved. Sweet, silly and scabrously un-pc. Funnier than The Graduate (which I also love, but Ben ended up with the wrong woman, for me) and a damn sight more outrageous.

Elliot Thomas

Member: Rank 3
Delightful black comedy and cult favourite with eccentric humour. Bud Cort’s staged suicide attempts are especially memorable (and not in bad taste at all); Cat Stevens provides an excellent soundtrack too.

Carol

Member: Rank 5
Cat Stevens provides an excellent soundtrack
Totally - don't know where you are on the planet, Elliot - I'd love to ask some American members how famous Cat was over there back then. Maybe it's one reason the film feels so cosy - the story is bizarre, but the music is totally familiar.
(Just realised that would also be true of The Exorcist and Tubular Bells - might have to think again

High Plains Drifter

The Drifter
VIP
Totally - don't know where you are on the planet, Elliot - I'd love to ask some American members how famous Cat was over there back then. Maybe it's one reason the film feels so cosy - the story is bizarre, but the music is totally familiar.
(Just realised that would also be true of The Exorcist and Tubular Bells - might have to think again
Honestly, I'm not a fan of Cat Stevens. Just something about his music never hooked me.

Elliot Thomas

Member: Rank 3
I'd have to ask my father. He was of that generation; unfortunately Cat has released no music in my life time (so far) which kinda sucks. I think he's like a hermit now,

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
GGAGERG.jpg

Young, rich, and obsessed with death, Harold finds himself changed forever when he meets lively septuagenarian Maude at a funeral.