Review Harrison Ford

duzit

Member: Rank 6
Still a great movie star, despite being increasingly accident prone!

Hoping Bladerunner 2 is a hit.
I think maybe he should give up flying. As a senior citizen, (let's admit that he is) he's even more dangerous flying than driving. There comes a time when we are just not as sharp as we used to be.
It just happens...:)♡♡♡:)

duzit

You would think that he would get the message. It would be terrible it this were to end in tragedy, especially given these early warnings.
FYI:
A Federal Aviation Administration spokesperson confirmed the incident to ET, explaining that "air traffic controllers cleared he pilot of a single-engine Aviat Husky to land on Runway 20L at John Wayne Airport Monday afternoon. The pilot correctly read back the clearance. The pilot then landed on a taxiway that runs parallel to the runway, overflying a Boeing 737 that was holding short of the runway."

The FAA is currently investigating the incident, which could potentially lead to Ford losing his pilot license. "Any pilot who violates FAA regulations can face penalties ranging from a warning letter to a license suspension or revocation," the FAA spokesperson tells ET.

A National Transportation Safety Board spokesperson tells ET they are aware of the incident and are currently gathering information. There's no further comment at this time.

But, how much you want to bet, that $$$$ talks?

Carol

Member: Rank 5
(to say nothing of Buddy Holly, Glen Miller and Amy Johnson).

Maybe he should be kept out of mischief (and I say this with mixed feelings) by shooting another Indiana Jones?

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
It's on it's way Carol, as Disney now own the rights. Due in 2019. Harrison Ford confirmed to return.

Now they just need a script. Dohh!!!!!

http://movieweb.com/indiana-jones-5-no-story-script/

The first indication that a movie might suck is when there is no script, yet they're moving forward anyway. It means they really don't have a story to tell and they'll be pulling it out of the ether. Indiana Jones 5 is currently sitting without a treasure for Henry Jones Jr. to find, which, looking at it the wrong way, could spell trouble. Especially since the script is coming from the writer of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, the least liked sequel in the franchise.

That doesn't mean Indiana Jones 5 will be garbage. But there's always the fear that well enough should be left alone. Especially if there is no story to tell. At this current stage in the game, Harrison Ford is confirmed to reprise his role as the famed archeologist. And Steven Spielberg will return to direct his fifth movie in the series. He's directed every big screen movie featuring the title character. And the movie is hitting theaters the summer of 2019.

Carol

Should have been careful what I wished for!
Clearly as the last one got us safely into the fifties, some sort of crossover with Call the Midwife is what's needed.
Indiana Jones and the Nuns on Bicycles - would it get the thing "into development" do you think? I bet Jenny Agutter would be up for it, so what could possibly go wrong?

Carol

Well, I really enjoyed Saving Mr Banks, so maybe it's time for Saving Mr Mouse? Tough Love and Hard Cheese, I'm afraid - no more remakes, lazy sequels or live-action retreads. Stop it. Find some new stories and make THEM.

If not - well, I always preferred Hanna-Barbera to be honest.

Hux

Not thrilled at the Blade Runner sequel. The original always had that ambiguity about Deckard being a replicant. That's pretty much completely gone now.

Ford's career these days seems to be phoning in his greatest hits performances. Indy 4, Han Solo, Deckard.

Put your money on Witness 2 coming soon.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Not thrilled at the Blade Runner sequel. The original always had that ambiguity about Deckard being a replicant. That's pretty much completely gone now.

Ford's career these days seems to be phoning in his greatest hits performances. Indy 4, Han Solo, Deckard.

Put your money on Witness 2 coming soon.
I love the idea of a sequel to BLADE RUNNER, but I don't like the title BLADE RUNNER 2049. I preferred the title BLADE RUNNER DOWN.

Carol

Put your money on Witness 2 coming soon.[/QUOTE]

At least the Amish won't have changed much - it's their thing.
Patriot Games the Peace Process Years might keep him chilled?

Carol

A National Transportation Safety Board spokesperson tells ET they are aware of the incident and are currently gathering information. There's no further comment at this time.

Friend Duzit I am going to kick myself for asking - but how did you know he was back? Are you a Friend of Elliott's?

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
A Disney spokesman on the whole Indy thing...

You have another Lucasfilm property, Indiana Jones, and Steven Spielberg has agreed to make a fifth film. Will there be an Indiana Jones universe, eventually, like Star Wars?

Not like Star Wars, no. But we hope … right now, we’re focused on a reboot, or a continuum and then a reboot of some sort.

Reboot? You’ve got Harrison Ford for this movie, and then the presumption is there will be a younger …

Well, we’ll bring him back, then we have to figure out what comes next. That’s what I mean. It’s not really a reboot, it’s a boot — a reboot. I don’t know.

THR has been using the term “requel” for these sequels that reboot the franchise.

Requel. (Laughs.) We [got] Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones in the film. But then what’s the direction? I’ve had discussions about what the direction is, [but] I don’t want to get into it.

But you do see making more films?

Yes, I do. I don’t think it reaches the scale of the universe of Star Wars, but I see making more. It won’t be just a one-off.

There are mutterings that Disney plan for Alden Ehrenreich, the young actor playing Han Solo in their spin off film, to eventually take over as Indy too if his Han is successful.