Review I, Tonya (2017)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
MV5BMjI5MDY1NjYzMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjIzNDAxNDM@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,674,1000_AL_.jpg

I, Tonya is a 2017 American biographical film directed by Craig Gillespie and written by Steven Rogers. It follows the life of figure skater Tonya Harding and her connection to the 1994 attack on her rival Nancy Kerrigan. It features interviews with the characters in mockumentary-style set in the modern day, as well as fourth wall breaking. Margot Robbie (who also produced) stars as Harding, Sebastian Stan plays Harding's husband Jeff Gillooly, and Allison Janney plays Harding's mother, LaVona Fay Golden; Julianne Nicholson, Caitlin Carver, and Bobby Cannavale also star.

I, Tonya had its world premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival on September 8, 2017, and was theatrically released in the United States on December 8, 2017. It received positive reviews, with particular praise for Robbie and Janney's performances, and has grossed $40 million on an $11 million budget.

At the 90th Academy Awards, the film won Best Supporting Actress for Janney, and was nominated for Best Actress for Robbie and Best Editing. It earned three nominations at the 75th Golden Globe Awards, winning Best Supporting Actress (for Janney).[4] At the 24th Screen Actors Guild Awards, it won Best Actress in a Supporting Role (Janney) and was nominated for Best Actress in a Leading Role.[5] At the 71st British Academy Film Awards, the film earned five nominations, including Best Actress in a Leading Role and Best Actress in a Supporting Role (Janney)

Cast

Track listing

I, Tonya (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)

Soundtrack album by various artists
Released
December 8, 2017
Genre Soundtrack
Length 67:07[19]
Label Milan Records
Producer Various
No. Title Artist Length
1. "Fair to Love" Mark Batson 2:08
2. "Devil Woman" Cliff Richard 3:34
3. "Shooting Star" Bad Company 6:15
4. "Romeo and Juliet" Dire Straits 6:01