Review I want to eat your pancreas/Let me eat your pancreas

plsletitrain

Member: Rank 5
I'm glad you made it through! :) I don't think the movie had some silence in it, it was very straightforward but I think the movie was killed by the performances of the actors (basing on you and ebossert's comments).

sitenoise

I think the actors did very well. These endings where people get to talk from the grave (the More Than Blue vibe) are usually effective tear-jerkers but this one fizzled a bit, imo. Not sure why.

I give it a thumbs up overall. Good soundtrack for this kind of thing. Good twist (getting random attacked. I know I should have seen that one coming, like a gun on the table, but I had forgotten about it). I thought they were going to big double twist ... When he goes to get the Diary, I thought her mom was going to laugh at him and say "she didn't have a bad pancreas, that was just how she got inspiration to write about stuff". She would have lived forever if she didn't get stabbed by some random dude. That would have been sublime! But I think they should have had sex. At least a kiss.

And I like these Cafe Noir styled arthouse flicks where a book plays a big part. This one used The Little Prince instead of Dostoevsky. winkbig.gif

plsletitrain

Yipee!!! I was already expecting a negative-sounding reaction from you but I'm glad it didn't sound as bad. I was even ready to say, "I take it this is my karma for making fun of sitenoise movies". I also like the soundtrack. Sounds befitting about the cutesy couple. And as for the sex or kiss part, I think the movie wanted to play coy and just left it to the viewer's imagination.

sitenoise

What does that emoticon do?
That's me "off to bed"

I was kidding about the sex part. This film is firmly in the "Pure Love" genre. Sex not allowed! And if you can do those things like I mentioned, like getting a motel room, etc., all with purity and innocence you've hit a home run.

plsletitrain

Ah, he carries a pillow and drags the blanket. So adorable! sad2.gif I stared at that emoticon too long yesterday wondering what it was doing. I thought you were celebrating new year's or what. Or catching some insects or catching fish while wearing a party hat.

And yes, this movie screams "young love".

sitenoise

One of the Little Prince Teachable Moments I enjoyed the most was when the girl was telling the boy that people gossip and talk about him because he never talks to them. I like these teenage movies that put a little wisdom in the characters

plsletitrain

One of the Little Prince Teachable Moments I enjoyed the most was when the girl was telling the boy that people gossip and talk about him because he never talks to them. I like these teenage movies that put a little wisdom in the characters
I swear, I really can't read you. I wish you had an emoticon for that. Hehe.

sitenoise

Remember when the boys (and especially the class chairman) were teasing and gossiping and getting pissed about our hero 'dating' our heroine? and the girl said the best way to put a stop to it would be to talk to them. Her whole thing towards the boy was that he needs to reach out, give a little, to become friends with people.

plsletitrain

Yes I do remember that. Its one of those scenes where we thought the movie doesn't offer much but actually offers much insight. When I said about I can't read you, I just don't understand how that scene comes very striking.