Review Il Buono, Il Brutto, Il Cattivo (The Good, The Ugly, and the Bad) (1966)

Tuco

Member: Rank 2
I hope that this can be a launching point for discussion about this great 1966 Sergio Leone epic. This post is not about the movie per se, but should be of interest to fans of the movie.

In the Introductions section here at IM, when I saw member @Arch Stanton 's introduction post, I decided to search Google Images for "Arch Stanton". Through that, I was delighted to find a blog website that is dedicated to actor Lee Van Cleef, which is chock full of photos from his movies AND photos taken by the blog's creator during his visit to various Van Cleef movie locations in Spain and elsewhere. Here is one of the entries with photos taken at the location of Sad Hill Cemetary:

http://thebadnet.blogspot.com/2014/03/location-sad-hill-ecstasy-of-gold.html

Arch Stanton

Member: Rank 1
I hope that this can be a launching point for discussion about this great 1966 Sergio Leone epic. This post is not about the movie per se, but should be of interest to fans of the movie.

In the Introductions section here at IM, when I saw member @Arch Stanton 's introduction post, I decided to search Google Images for "Arch Stanton". Through that, I was delighted to find a blog website that is dedicated to actor Lee Van Cleef, which is chock full of photos from his movies AND photos taken by the blog's creator during his visit to various Van Cleef movie locations in Spain and elsewhere. Here is one of the entries with photos taken at the location of Sad Hill Cemetary:

http://thebadnet.blogspot.com/2014/03/location-sad-hill-ecstasy-of-gold.html
BLOOONNNNNNNNDDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
What's there to say about THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY AKA IL BUONO, IL BRUTTO, IL CATTIVO...?

It's simply the best western ever made, which is quite ironic as it was made in Italy.

Lee Van Cleef was intense, Clint Eastwood was mysterious, but Eli Wallach absolutely stole the show. I've rarely seen a fictional character that was as real or realistic as Tuco. I'm sure I've known people like him, not that I'd ever trust them or turn my back on them.

Tuco

Member: Rank 2
What's there to say about THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY AKA IL BUONO, IL BRUTTO, IL CATTIVO...?

It's simply the best western ever made, which is quite ironic as it was made in Italy.

Lee Van Cleef was intense, Clint Eastwood was mysterious, but Eli Wallach absolutely stole the show. I've rarely seen a fictional character that was as real or realistic as Tuco. I'm sure I've known people like him, not that I'd ever trust them or turn my back on them.
Gotta agree that Eli Wallach's performance was the acting straw that stirred this great movie. The interviews with the elderly Wallach that appear on the BluRay (I'm guessing that they are on the DVD as well) are essential viewing IMO.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
MV5BOTQ5NDI3MTI4MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDQ4ODE5MDE@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,656,1000_AL_.jpg

A bounty hunting scam joins two men in an uneasy alliance against a third in a race to find a fortune in gold buried in a remote cemetery.

Last edited: