DeJoHnNiE

Member: Rank 4
Thank you!!! I pray the trolls don't follow us (agreeing w/ chainsaw)... I've been harassed so many times on the IMDb boards, that I literally had to start a new account twice just to lose them all.
Trolls are allowed to come here, but we do NOT allow anyone being harrassed in whatever shape or form at any time. Spamming, bullying and trolling our members is something we do not want here at all nor does anyone else here atm.

Arguments and discussions that are hot should be avoided if you cannot take the heat [see SoapBox].

We will have a zero tolerance for those who treat our members like shit! If this happens we have a report button, members can be ignored and warned at any time to keep the peace.

Trust me on this, anyone that harrasses members will lose their account in a click and you will never have to create another account to avoid people here ever.

DeJoHnNiE

Convincing IMDb Members with a Message

Dear Members,

We are trying really hard to advertise our site without spamming IMDb or getting into trouble for this and we would like to ask you all to help us help IMDb members before it is too late.

We are well aware of the many options out there and even the socalled Look-a-Likes that may or may not give them problems in the future [legal/trademark issues, etc].

But the advertising or convincing the members on IMDb is really hard, especially for just the two of us, and we could deffo use a boost in numbers or atleast spreading the word as much as possible on IMDb and even social media.

If you do feel the same way and already are doing this, please let us know here where you did this and link it too. The more we do that, the more will come to us and all we want is to give the members a safe and dedicated place to be when they shut the boards down.

Thank you all for the effort and time, we hope we can make this a place to be!

Oprah Hugs.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Alex Vojacek

Administrator
Staff member
VIP
They just told in the FAQ that not only they will close the forums, they will remove them completely !!

mkeithddc

Member: Rank 1
Dear Members,

We are trying really hard to advertise our site without spamming IMDb or getting into trouble for this and we would like to ask you all to help us help IMDb members before it is too late.

We are well aware of the many options out there and even the socalled Look-a-Likes that may or may not give them problems in the future [legal/trademark issues, etc].

But the advertising or convincing the members on IMDb is really hard, especially for just the two of us, and we could deffo use a boost in numbers or atleast spreading the word as much as possible on IMDb and even social media.

If you do feel the same way and already are doing this, please let us know here where you did this and link it too. The more we do that, the more will come to us and all we want is to give the members a safe and dedicated place to be when they shut the boards down.

Thank you all for the effort and time, we hope we can make this a place to be!

Um, should you really have to worry about spam or getting in trouble at this point?? I say spam away. Just go to every board you see and advertise. Whats the worst they can do??

Alex Vojacek

Administrator
Staff member
VIP
Nothing, they just announced in a FAQ that not only will they disable the forums, they will completely remove them from view. So, they are pratically trashing everything. At this point, they just boycotted their own 17 years board and people will finish tearing it apart in the coming days so yes... It's "No man's Land" from now on.

Tuco

Member: Rank 2
There have been a couple of posts over there that I have found very informative from an historical standpoint, and I want to copy them over here, so that they are not lost. I have used IMDB's messaging system in an attempt to contact the authors to request permission to make a copy. In my request, I added a link to here. I have not yet heard from either of them.

Tuco

There is a thread at the Visual Arts section of the Steve Hoffman Music Forums concerning the shutdown of IMDB's discussion. Early in the thread, the IMDBv2 forum is linked. I have now added a link to this forum.

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threa...ts-message-boards.647147/page-4#post-15889924

BTW, if you are a music fan -- particularly a rock / pop music fan -- this is a terrific forum for general music discussion, but is particularly informative about the sound quality of remasters and reissues. It is well run, no ads, and has a team of moderators that do an excellent job of keeping things civil and on track. Mr. Hoffman himself is a mastering engineer with considerable credentials and takes great pride in keeping as close to the sound of the master tapes as possible with his work.

Alex Vojacek

Administrator
Staff member
VIP
Thanks Tuco !

I guess one could answer that guy that the "appeal" of imdb having its own forum for every movie wasn't worth it after all, look how imdb has done with that idea !!

They are closing the boards!! clearly it wasn't doable in the long run, not like that.

donremy

Member: Rank 1
Think about TV specific forums for shows that just started airing again like The 100 and soon Walking Dead because fans will need these and csn advertise the site on the walking dead forum then.

When shows end you could merge the forum into sub forum. So when The 100 has finished all the threads could be moved to a sub forum

Subforums can be organised like

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/subforum-links.3157/

DeJoHnNiE

Think about TV specific forums for shows that just started airing again like The 100 and soon Walking Dead because fans will need these and csn advertise the site on the walking dead forum then.

When shows end you could merge the forum into sub forum. So when The 100 has finished all the threads could be moved to a sub forum

Subforums can be organised like

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/subforum-links.3157/
Donremy, enjoy your stay!

Yes this is possible... YOu can create/start a new thread for every show, airing or not, and the cleanup or merging will be after they end the seasons if needed. It all depends on how busy a specific thread/category is and some already have their Dedicated Categories, like tWD and Dr Who.

Tuco

Thanks Tuco !

I guess one could answer that guy that the "appeal" of imdb having its own forum for every movie wasn't worth it after all, look how imdb has done with that idea !!

They are closing the boards!! clearly it wasn't doable in the long run, not like that.
But was it that the mountain of content got to be too much? Or was it the sniping, trolling, and fighting that led to the shutdown?

DeJoHnNiE

But was it that the mountain of content got to be too much? Or was it the sniping, trolling, and fighting that led to the shutdown?
Both... And Amazon wasn't earning anything for all the shit they had to deal with and like any other moneymaking business it's easier to shut it down than to come up with proper solutions or alternatives.

Looking at the boards, there are enough longtime members that would and could maintain the boards yet they ignore this to say the least, giving all kinds of reasons for shutting it down without giving the actual reasons.