Review It: Chapter Two (2019)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
“IT: Chapter 2” Has The ‘Bloodiest Scene Ever’

it-chapter-2-filming-targets-june-start-696x464.jpg

In recent years some films can fairly claim to have used the most blood ever for a horror film. The “Evil Dead” remake set much of its finale in the middle of a literal rainstorm of red, while the big finale of the “Suspiria” remake is a veritable orgy of blood, snatch and dismemberment gushing out onscreen.

Now another contender throws its hat into the ring – “IT: Chapter 2”. Jessica Chastain, who plays the adult version of Beverly in the film, appeared on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon last night and teased her role in the horror sequel. While she couldn’t say much, she did offer this tease:

“Okay, I’m going to say something, and I think I’m going to be in trouble, but I’m going to do it. It might be a spoiler. But in the movie, there’s a scene that someone said on set that it’s the most blood that’s ever been in a horror film in a scene. And I’ll tell you, the next day I was like pulling blood out of my eyeballs.”

Andy Muschietti returns to helm the new film which also stars Bill Hader, James McAvoy, Jay Ryan and Bill Skarsgard. Pennywise returns to soak everyone in blood when “IT: Chapter 2” hits September 6th.

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
THE SCREENWRITERS:

http://www.darkhorizons.com/it-chapter-two-duo-talk-script-work/

The challenge of making a second part, in terms of script, was basically keeping the tension all the time, condensing all the events that happened in this timeline into almost like a real-time journey.

So, we had to interlace some of the events, or connect some events – in the book, they’re a little looser – and staying true to the emotion of that section, and also turn the screws of tension here and there, and also create events that make things more difficult. Create obstacles and diversion and forces that are not necessarily in the book.